Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm so frustrated. My son's referral for his ENT finally went through only the referral was to the Naval Hospital here. We've been seeing a civilian ENT since we've lived down. I love the doctor and DS is very comfortable with him. I called the naval hospital and explain everything and was told they would not release him to a civilian provider. So now we will be back to square one and starting from scratch with a doctor who doesn't know his history and i will be dealing with a child who is going to have an anxiety attack over going to a new doctor. I'm debating on cancelling the appointment and just not going at all. 

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:24 PM

If you were already seeing a civilian ENT why did you have to get a new referral? And I see your frustration, I would be angry about switching docs too since your son has been going there for his problems.

Seans_mommy123
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Because we haven't had any issues with his ears in a year. He woke up 3 weeks ago with blood pooled in his ears and we went to the pediatrician and they couldn't see all the way into his ear. 3 days later he was oozing green puss so we went back to the pediatrician and asked they just submit the referral for the ENT since we were having issues again and they did no problem. 

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

If you were already seeing a civilian ENT why did you have to get a new referral? And I see your frustration, I would be angry about switching docs too since your son has been going there for his problems.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I see. My ds is 12 and STILL has issues like that with his ears. Countless surgeries later still haven't helped. Sorry about your guy. Do you happen to be in Camp Lejeune?

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

Because we haven't had any issues with his ears in a year. He woke up 3 weeks ago with blood pooled in his ears and we went to the pediatrician and they couldn't see all the way into his ear. 3 days later he was oozing green puss so we went back to the pediatrician and asked they just submit the referral for the ENT since we were having issues again and they did no problem. 

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Seans_mommy123
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Yes I am. We haven't been to the Naval hospital since we moved from here in 2009. We came back in 2010 and have been seeing civilians since but now that they've opened the new wing on the hospital they are trying to get people back in. 

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I see. My ds is 12 and STILL has issues like that with his ears. Countless surgeries later still haven't helped. Sorry about your guy. Do you happen to be in Camp Lejeune?

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Well we saw the ENT there and she was wonderful! Her name is Dr. Cole. Also, since my ds's problems go way beyond ear infections she referred us to a pediatric ENT in Wilmington who was awesome too. Maybe you will like the new doc after all, I really liked her and she will not hesitate to give you a referral if you need one! Good luck with it all!

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

Yes I am. We haven't been to the Naval hospital since we moved from here in 2009. We came back in 2010 and have been seeing civilians since but now that they've opened the new wing on the hospital they are trying to get people back in. 

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Seans_mommy123
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Thanks. In the 4 years we were stationed before I never had a positive experience there. Hopefully things have gotten better. It's frustrating because DH is deployed and I'll have to leave work early and pull DS from school to bring to the appt because the latest they said they could give me is 215 since he's a new patient

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Well we saw the ENT there and she was wonderful! Her name is Dr. Cole. Also, since my ds's problems go way beyond ear infections she referred us to a pediatric ENT in Wilmington who was awesome too. Maybe you will like the new doc after all, I really liked her and she will not hesitate to give you a referral if you need one! Good luck with it all!

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

mlogsdon
by Mary on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Are you able to bring your records from the other ENT to show whats been done in the past?

Seans_mommy123
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I"m not going to have time to get them before the appt. 

Quoting mlogsdon:

Are you able to bring your records from the other ENT to show whats been done in the past?

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM

ask them to fax the records over?

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

Quoting mlogsdon:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep...shouldn't be too hard to that one would think...

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

ask them to fax the records over?

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

Quoting mlogsdon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)