Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

People suck

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 14 Replies

I have been back to work since mid-August. We hired a girl to transport our children to and from school mornings and afternoons, and as backup, emergency care.

She's actually worked about two weeks. She took off last Friday to leave early for the holiday, and was off Monday, as well.

She told me today they're moving across town and she wouldn't be working after the 20th.

Ummmm... didn't you have a clue BEFORE you took the job with me that you were moving... like, when you had to give your 30 day notice move?

Hey, thanks for fucking me over.

This is the peach at the end of my week. It was really special to find out one of my students was institutionalized last year for ASSAULTING A TEACHER... Of course, I only found this out after two incidents with her screaming at me in the hall that another student was staring at her like a BITCH.

Life is grand.

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I honestly don't know how you do it. I couldn't work with that age group. Well, I can't deal with 3 year olds, either but at least 3 year olds aren't dangerously maniacal. Usually.
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM

oh, and did i mention the sweetheart with the parents who taught him that he doesn't have to respect his teachers?

the same parents who, i have discovered, called the cops on sweetheart when he threatened to kill his 9 year old brother?

maybe the sitter ditching us is a sign...

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM
O_o
Whoa.
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Ok, your sitter ditching you is a total bummer, and ya, she sucks...But HOLY CARP to the second part! Did they decide to give the new teacher all the fun students or what?!

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Trust me... There are plenty to go around.

Quoting TonyaLea:

Ok, your sitter ditching you is a total bummer, and ya, she sucks...But HOLY CARP to the second part! Did they decide to give the new teacher all the fun students or what?!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosesink
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I find it best when it comes to child care and related issues that you are better off with an establishment instead of an individual.  You do not have to worry with an establishment if one person gets sick, moves , quits and alike.  It is nice to have a local teen/sitter on the side in case you want a date night but not for full time needs

violinjewel
by Julia on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM
People can suck, I'm sorry. As for your student, wow! That's just insane.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I would prefer that, but, unfortunately, no establishment offers before and after care at my son's middle school. He is also special needs so he cannot ride the bus without supervision.

And, I need a person who can be trusted to be at our home when my son receives medical treatments.

Quoting rosesink:

I find it best when it comes to child care and related issues that you are better off with an establishment instead of an individual.  You do not have to worry with an establishment if one person gets sick, moves , quits and alike.  It is nice to have a local teen/sitter on the side in case you want a date night but not for full time needs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanD
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I feel you! I go through the childcare nightmare all too often! Two years ago we had an issue where a nanny (who had excellent references, experience, and a clear background check) was abusive and neglectful. This started after she had been our nanny for about 6-7 months. Then I replaced her with an older lady (I was hoping that with age came maturity and stability) but come to find out the new nanny (who was otherwise great) took pain meds and then drove to my house one morning and crashed her car into a lightpole down the street from my house (after about 5months with us). After that I hired another young girl, who didn't have a lot of experience but she ended up great. Then we moved.

Now we have the issue of my oldest being too old to have a nanny during the day, but my youngest is too young to stay home unsupervised. My oldest isn't mature enough to watch his younger brother (he goes on a major power trip). So thankfully I found a lady down the street (well about 3 blocks down and 1 block over) who has a son around my youngest's age. She is watching DS2 in the mornings on the days that I work and then after school. The only problem, the bus company will not let him get on/off at her house (even with a note from me). So she puts her son on the bus and then drives DS over here in the morning and puts him on his bus (which happens to be the SAME BUS that her child rides). Then of an afternoon she gets her son off his bus and my oldest gets my youngest off the bus. Then she drives over and picks him up from my oldest. Talk about a NIGHTMARE!!!!

That was a lot longer than I thought it would be....but yeah. Childcare makes me want to stab myself in the eye with a fork repeatedly!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:27 AM

Yeah, you are amazing...I wouldn't have patience for kids like that in school.  Sorry about your sitter bailing on you...I'd be irritated as well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)