Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Whew!

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
DH reenlisted. His ceremony was Thursday. The Ft Riley orders were cancelled because they couldn't give my son the services he needs, but the exact same day- a slot opened for Ft Campbell. Which was our second choice slot :) Got it! The freaking roller coaster of the last few months has come to a stop I think lol.

And yes. I got one of those super duper fancy certificates of appreciation. I feel all special now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

First of all, I'm glad you got a super fancy certificate!  LOL!

Congrats to your hubby on re-enlisting...great news!  When are you guys planning to move?  Where is Fort Campbell compared to where you are now?

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Hey, you deserved that certificate for all the frustration you have had and managing not to strangle someone :)  I am glad it all worked out.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Woot! Keep movin' forward!
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Oh wow, what a roller coaster!  Glad everything is settled now and you got the second choice!

mlogsdon
by Mary on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha thanks.

We are going from Washington (JBLM) to Kentucky. It's perfect because DHs family is only 3 hours away. With the exception of his mother, I love them ;-) the report date is in January so were hoping to take some leave time and head out a little early and maybe with them for Christmas.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

First of all, I'm glad you got a super fancy certificate!  LOL!

Congrats to your hubby on re-enlisting...great news!  When are you guys planning to move?  Where is Fort Campbell compared to where you are now?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by Mary on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
It came close. Though, it was usually DH in danger haha. I should take lessons from Darby on sweetness. Don't have anything nice to say... Don't say a darn thing.

Quoting TonyaLea:

Hey, you deserved that certificate for all the frustration you have had and managing not to strangle someone :)  I am glad it all worked out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by Mary on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Finally! We're both really excited :)

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Woot! Keep movin' forward!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by Mary on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
First choice was actually ft Knox. His family lives about 20 minutes away. I'm actually pretty happy with Campbell over Knox. We're close enough to spend holidays with them, but far enough away that we won't be in each others business all the time. It worked out pretty perfectly.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Oh wow, what a roller coaster!  Glad everything is settled now and you got the second choice!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katkinson
by Kristin on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM

yay! 

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Yes!! Great news. Very glad for you that everything had gotten settled! 

And hey! Congrats on your certificate ;-]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)