Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Life is so short

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM
  • 12 Replies

One of my husband's good friends was killed by a drunk driver on Saturday night.  He and my husband worked together early in their careers.  He's also active duty Navy...does the same job as my husband on submarines.  

He was in his late 30s with a wife and children.  I can't even begin to imagine.

Just makes you think about things..life is so short.  

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:11 PM
My sister was in a hit and run accident by a drunk driver. That is when I realized life is way too short. I don't think I will ever understand drunk drivers. Could be why I hardly ever drink.

Sorry for your husbands loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I am sorry for your husband's loss, and you are right, life is precious and short, and it is immensely saddening when someone's poor decisions take a life and cause their friends and family to suffer.  I know two people that have died in vehicle accidents at the hands of others.  

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM
So sad. I'm sorry he lost someone dear to him.
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM

So sad =( So sorry for your husbands loss.

My brother t-boned a drunk driver who rolled through a stop sign. Totaled the car but my brother walked away with some bruised ribs, sprained wrists and burns from the air bag. He was lucky. We were in high school and it scared the hell out of me.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I'm sorry...

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I am so sorry. We come to expect losses during deployments, but when they happen here it seems so much more tragic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by Mary on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Im sorry about your husband's friend. That's so senseless. 

There were no casualties or injuries on my husbands last deployment, everyone was really happy. One young guy fell asleep at the wheel driving home for block leave and wrecked, he didnt make it. It was heartbreaking. You just never know.  

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:05 AM

So sorry to hear the loss of your dh's buddy.

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Life is too short; I know the hurt of losing a friend who is close to you, but adding the drunk driving element makes it harder to understand and accept.  Glad that your husband has a strong support system with you.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM

It really is. 

4 years ago a friend from high school died. Last week his younger sister died as well. (Both preventable I believe) As far as I know, they don't have any other blood siblings. I feel for their parents so badly. A boyfriend of mine died 5 years ago and sometimes when I see what his sister is up to I want to smack her and say, "You're the only one left! Get your shit together!" 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)