Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Vince Gill takes on Westboro

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 10 Replies

Vince Gill let his feelings about the Westboro Baptist Church be known when he confronted members picketing his concert in Kansas City on Sunday, September 8. Protestors were carrying signs accusing Vince of alleged sins. According to their philosophy, Vince’s divorce from his first wife and subsequent marriage to wife Amy Grant is adultery.

Vince was visibly angry as he confronted the group on the sidewalk. “I just came to see what hate looked like,” he said.

Watch Vince confront the Westboro Baptist Church below:

As protestors taunted Vince about his marriage and beliefs, including citing the Bible and the words of Jesus Christ, Vince replied “You know what else he said? He said a lot of stuff about forgiveness, about grace . . . you guys don’t have any of it.”

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cuchiae
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Wow- This so called church sickens me.  Their threats to picket military funerals and the reality that sometimes they do show has completely out of bounds.  Good for Vince!

violinjewel
by Julia on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Good for him! These people are disgusting, and such a waste, but I'm glad to see he took a stand against them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM

geez

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Good for Vince. My uncle cheated on my aunt many years ago. I don't believe that God would have wanted her to stay with my uncle, be miserable and wondering if he is out cheating on her again. If that is what God wanted for her, I don't think He would have sent the wonderful man in her life she has now, to her.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I saw this on the news this morning. I kind of wanted to shake his hand, lol

mlogsdon
by Mary on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Good for him. He seemed to be keeping his cool, too, which would be pretty difficult I think. 

AnAnxiousHeart
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I love Vince Gill. Always awesome.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Wow...good for him.

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:30 PM
I kind of feel like he's just giving them more publicity. They get this all the time and it doesn't slow them down. It almost seems to feed them.
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:46 PM

i hate them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)