Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Three months of jury service!

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

I received the best letter in the mail today! ( I really wish there was a sarcasm font, because I am being completely sarcastic)

I have been summoned for jury service in Federal court to be on call from Oct 7 to Dec. 31. First possible time to report is Oct 7 at  8am..but subject to change. I have to check the jury messaging system every Friday after 5:30pm or anytime during the weekend for the following week to see if my number has been called. 

I'm on call for over 3 months. Sigh. All these years and I have managed to avoid even receiving a letter. Guess they finally caught up with me.

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
krys1025
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:39 PM
You don't have an excuse? I've gotten out of it before because of not having child care for my baby.
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:42 PM

My oldest is on the hook until November.  He went in for orientation and calls weekly.  It's not that big of a deal...

mlogsdon
by Mary on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I got summoned for jury duty once, but we had just PCSd so I didnt have to do it. I expect it will happen eventually. 

fourlittlebees
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I got called for Jury duty last week but not for federal, just local. I called and told the judge that I did not have childcare & my husband was going TDY. He excused me. I'm sure I will get called again though.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Good luck.

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Wow, that's a long time. I always get out of it b/c I care for my kids during the day but it seemed like it would be neat to experience jury duty at least once. But not for 3 months!
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:35 PM

wow! That's a long time =[ Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)