Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

just joined to ask this question..please help me understand

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM
  • 24 Replies

We moved on base on the 4th of September. We were told we had to pay pro rated rent from the 4th- 30th. The housing lady told us that they would begin drafting BAH November 1st for October's rent and that we would get our bah on October 1st for September.

However, his 15th paycheck is over 600 dollars shorter than it usually is and we have figured it is because finance deducted bah and will deduct on the 1st for Septembers rent.

We were told we had to wait until the big LES posts for them to look into it, and housing already cashed our check we wrote them.

We have never lived on base before.

If we paid the rest of September, and if what housing lady said is true, November 1 BAH goes to pay October's rent; then if they deducted the 15th and october 1 bah wouldn't that be going to pay September's rent and if so why did we have to pay pro rated?

I don't get it.

please help me understand this mess.

My husband filled out the finance forms mid August, when we realized we were getting the house. When we filled out the offer form, housing also required us to fill out a allotment form.

thank you,

Cathy.

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM

my husband said we paid cash.. never had any issues..:/ best of luck!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM

We have never lived on base so I am not sure how it all works. Hopefully someone can help, and welcome to the group : )

adrianaevanmom
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

my husband said we paid cash.. never had any issues..:/ best of luck!

yeah. we were told paying pro rated rent is normal.

I guess I am just confused because we paid up front for the rest of september and how the housing lady talked, bah is paid for the previous month, so november 1 pays october..but if they are taking our bah on the 15th of september and 1st of October we are paying for septembers rent..so did we pay twice?

I don't get it.

but thank you,

Cathy

adrianaevanmom
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

We have never lived on base so I am not sure how it all works. Hopefully someone can help, and welcome to the group : )

thank you. I just hate feeling like we got jipped somewhere. WE paid the rest of September with our own money. so the earliest our bah should be deducted is October 15th, according to the housing lady because she said rent is paid a month behind; they'd deduct our november 1st bah for october's rent. Idk if she just explained it wrong or what but no one will even look into it until the big les posts at the end of the month.

Cathy

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Ive only lived in housing once and never had that problem.

Hope it gets fixed soon for you.

adrianaevanmom
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Quoting SierraLynn:

Ive only lived in housing once and never had that problem.

Hope it gets fixed soon for you.

That's the problem. Nobody has apparently.

Corvias just took over the housing here on the 1st of September and they act like they don't know what they're doing. When we went to do the initial inspection on the 4th we told her we already filled out those allotment forms and our lease in August when we got an offer and acceted the house.

I think what happened was, we did the forms early enough for them to draft octobers bah for september but she, didn't know and treated us like any other new resident moving in. IDK.

But regardless we paid 1200 up front on the 4th for september and now over 600 of our check is gone when it shoudln't be.

mlogsdon
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Not sure. They may just have to reimburse you for the difference if they did something wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Hope someone can help. We move into housing next week and have never lived on base either. Of course its the middle of the month so my guess is I'll have the same questions?

adrianaevanmom
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Quoting DvlDogWfe:

Hope someone can help. We move into housing next week and have never lived on base either. Of course its the middle of the month so my guess is I'll have the same questions?

the way the private company told us was this, which could be wrong considering my mess:

you would need to pay pro rated rent from next week through the 30th..then on november 1 they deduct bah to pay octobers rent. so you'd get bah on the 1st of october but wont' see it on the 15th.

which from what i gather is how it is suppose to work, which means my husbands bah for the 15th of september and october 1st shoudln't have been touched.  they shouldn't have deducted it until October 15th and november 1st to pay october's rent.

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I've never lived on base so I'm no help. Hope you get it worked out soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN