Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

YAY

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 8 Replies

DH should be on leave in about a week and he'll get to come HOME home and see everyone. However, this means getting this tiny two bedroom apartment cleaned up. With my two and the babysitting, it's hard, but now I have to unpack (and wash) all DH's civi clothes so he has something to wear while he's here. And that also means making room in our closet (which doubles as our storage unit) to hang up his clothes. I moved here during the first few days of his deployment so he hasn't even seen this place yet so I want it to be...well...not a disaster. lol. He won't care what it looks like, he just wants to see the kids and HIS DOG (haha Skinny's probably going to pee all over him with excitement) while he's here (in the apartment) so he's not going to think twice about a couple totes in the closet next to the Christmas decorations. But I still want it to look nice.

Yesterday I went through my clothes and pulled a bunch of things out to donate, threw out 2 totes worth of junk, and I'm currently washing all of his clothes. Well. In multiple loads. I still need to go through the kids closet and clean that out. DS decided he wanted to play in it and hide from the LO I babysit so now it's even worse than it was. I have stuff to put up on Craigslist, and at some point, I NEED to get to Once Upon A Child. I have SO MUCH baby/kids clothes to sell but it's like half an hour away. I should just donate it. IDK. Maybe I'll drag my SIL with me this weekend and drop it all off and then go the mall that's out that way while they go through it.

Anyway. DH! I'm so excited. My ex wouldn't let me bring DS with me for DH's homecoming (We have 50/50 custody and as he said, "I will have no shining light in our son's life for my service because of your husband and I'm jealous." Yes. I have the text saved.) so DH hasn't seen DS since mid-December. (DD came with me, as you might remember from the post, at the end of July to visit/for the homecoming). Then, as of yet, he SHOULD be done at the end of next month/beginning of Nov. and be home for good. I can't wait. YAY

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 14, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Lots going on for you mama!  Hugs!  I know you're excited:)

jtsmommie0104
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Aw yay for DH coming home. No yay for all the cleaning you have to do! 

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Haha for whatever reason when I'm really upset and/or stressed I also clean like a crazy person then. For example, when my ex and I were trying to work things out, I found something less than stellar in his room waiting for him so we could talk, and I freaked out and cleaned his whole place (which was also my place until we broke up) lol

...And then I went to my mom's and cleaned her whole apartment.

And yesterday bc I was so stressed about MY home looking perfect for DH, while I was at my parents doing all our laundry, I cleaned THEIR whole house. *shrug* cuz it's totally normal to go on cleaning sprees at other peoples homes. lol

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:44 AM

HOPING he can make the flight home to be back in time for his grandparents anniversary party! Wouldn't THAT be an anniversary gift for them!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Lots going on for you mama!  Hugs!  I know you're excited:)

jtsmommie0104
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Well in that case don't you want to move a little closer to me ;) lol 

I haven't cleaned for a week because not that DH is home he took over and says that I don't need to be bending or stretching sooooooooo I'm currently lying in bed waiting for breakfast lol. 

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Haha for whatever reason when I'm really upset and/or stressed I also clean like a crazy person then. For example, when my ex and I were trying to work things out, I found something less than stellar in his room waiting for him so we could talk, and I freaked out and cleaned his whole place (which was also my place until we broke up) lol

And yesterday bc I was so stressed about MY home looking perfect for DH, while I was at my parents doing all our laundry, I cleaned THEIR whole house. *shrug* cuz it's totally normal to go on cleaning sprees at other peoples homes. lol

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM

oooo nice!! Good hubby =]

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

Well in that case don't you want to move a little closer to me ;) lol 

I haven't cleaned for a week because not that DH is home he took over and says that I don't need to be bending or stretching sooooooooo I'm currently lying in bed waiting for breakfast lol. 

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM
That's great! :)
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Husband's flights are BOOKED! I'm so excited!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN