Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Any alt/punk/goth military mommas?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I'm hoping to meet some awesome alt military moms. Post pics, ladies :)
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 14, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Same for me.

Quoting cocoroo:

Never for me, because i know how and when to dress properly.

Quoting BubbyAndShmee:

Nice to meet you, ladies :)

Quick question: have any of you gotten negative feedback from coworkers or superiors of your husbands regarding your looks/style?

Photobucket

TishHughes
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM
No. If I walk around with colored hair, I would be considered ratchet. Plus it's not in my job description :)
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Get the stick out of your ass...  Have some respect for others and don't judge by the cover. 

op - part of my hair has been different colors for several years.  It's an underneath layer so when I need to, I can cover it and look like a "normal" lady for idiots like this anon here...

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg grow the hell up. That's for rebellious teens. Have some respect for yourself and your husband and the uniform he wears and dress like a normal proper lady ffs. It looks bad on you anyways. You could look half way decent without your ridiculous "look at me! Please give me attention!" Style.

BubbyAndShmee
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I'm not talking about dressing inappropriately. I'm talking about dressing with your own style, or having alt/different style/hair/jewelry.

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting BubbyAndShmee:

Quick question: have any of you gotten negative feedback from coworkers or superiors of your husbands regarding your looks/style?

BubbyAndShmee
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I'm not even sure wtf ratchet is besides a type of wrench, but ok...

Quoting TishHughes:

No. If I walk around with colored hair, I would be considered ratchet. Plus it's not in my job description :)

BubbyAndShmee
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM
As for not dressing appropriately, I can only say that I dress quite appropriately for where I'm going/what I'm doing. I'm not talking about not dressing appropriately; I'm talking about catching shit for having a different style.
mlogsdon
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I'm not. I think it's fun, but always feels awkward to me personally. I'm more comfortable with my natural hair or highlights.

My friends that did have tattoos and piercings and multi colored hair did have some trouble at work, but only because of company policy. Not necessarily negative feedback, it was just against the dress code to have pink/blue/purple etc hair, facial piercings or visible tattoos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I do have my own style.  I do have a couple of piercings.  I go back and forth having different colors in my hair.  I just know when and where to show it.  I am 36 years old, I don't feel the need to show everyone he different I am anymore.

Quoting BubbyAndShmee:

I'm not talking about dressing inappropriately. I'm talking about dressing with your own style, or having alt/different style/hair/jewelry.

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting BubbyAndShmee:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Good luck, I don't know any alt military ladies.
TishHughes
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I like you.

Do I have you mistaken with someone else but isn't your husband an alpha?

Quoting cocoroo:

I do have my own style.  I do have a couple of piercings.  I go back and forth having different colors in my hair.  I just know when and where to show it.  I am 36 years old, I don't feel the need to show everyone he different I am anymore.

Quoting BubbyAndShmee:

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting BubbyAndShmee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN