Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Any alt/punk/goth military mommas?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I'm hoping to meet some awesome alt military moms. Post pics, ladies :)
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
meandmyboys124
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I am. I have lots of piercings, couple of tattoos and used to do odd hair colors. I haven't had time recently. I don't participate in my husbands command. he is on shore duty and I keep to myself.
I know of one other wife like me here.
I would post a pic but I don't do that on cafemom. feel free to message me though :)

cocoroo
by Coco on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Yep, he is a 92A.

Quoting TishHughes:

I like you.

Do I have you mistaken with someone else but isn't your husband an alpha?

Quoting cocoroo:

I do have my own style.  I do have a couple of piercings.  I go back and forth having different colors in my hair.  I just know when and where to show it.  I am 36 years old, I don't feel the need to show everyone he different I am anymore.

Quoting BubbyAndShmee:

I'm not talking about dressing inappropriately. I'm talking about dressing with your own style, or having alt/different style/hair/jewelry.

Quoting cocoroo:

Never for me, because i know how and when to dress properly.

Quoting BubbyAndShmee:

Nice to meet you, ladies :)

Quick question: have any of you gotten negative feedback from coworkers or superiors of your husbands regarding your looks/style?

SierraLynn
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM
2 moms liked this
I want a triple forward helix piercing.
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Welcome to the group!

sahmw2010
by Beth on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:49 PM
A what?! I am boring. No peircings (alleric to all jewlery, even my rings make me itch and break out on occasion. I ended up treating then but cant do that to the earrings and stuff) no tattoos yet, and no hair color aside from natural. My friend was Alt and she has some issues with other moms (apparently she might sacrifice the other kids or something) not sure about when she went to company functions

Quoting SierraLynn:

cocoroo
by Coco on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I have piercings and know about them and had to google it, lol.

Quoting sahmw2010:

A what?! I am boring. No peircings (alleric to all jewlery, even my rings make me itch and break out on occasion. I ended up treating then but cant do that to the earrings and stuff) no tattoos yet, and no hair color aside from natural. My friend was Alt and she has some issues with other moms (apparently she might sacrifice the other kids or something) not sure about when she went to company functions

Quoting SierraLynn:

SierraLynn
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Lol the easiest way to show you would be to just Google it kike Coco did.
My brother is a tattoo artist and used to do piercings as well. Im not sure if he still does. But if he does I want to see if he can do it for me as an early birthday present at our other brothers wedding next month. Well, not at the wedding but the day before. Lol
If he doesn't, I'll find a good shop to do it here before the wedding as a bday present to myself.

Quoting sahmw2010:

Quoting SierraLynn:

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I like old school punk.  I have my own style of dress but I look pretty normal for the most part.  I remember a phase I went through where I dressed like an old lady for like a year, in rebellion to my previous alternative look ha ha.  I guess nowdays my alternative nature is more internal...I don't care that much about my hair/clothing anymore so I don't really have any notable current-day pictures to share.

Any who, welcome and your hair colors look fun! :)

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Not my cup of tea, but welcome to the group.

Mizuagi
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Pretty much the same for me. Except, I didn't join the army. But after college and when I got a job, I grew out of that. I also still have my tattoos and piercings and most likely will get more tattoos.

Quoting SierraLynn:

I was like that in high school. Once I joined the army I grew up and out of that style. I do have tattoos and will get more and would like some tasteful and cute piercings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN