Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I wonder if they will tighten security

Posted by   + Show Post

After this mornings shooting, I wonder if they will look to tighten security procedures on military installations.

I don't  know how much more they can or will do though.

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
Tigger0421
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:15 PM
mayport naval base has now changed policies. we never had a sticker but when i came home the gate tonight they required me to go in a seperate gate with dogs and added security. also gave me a new sticker application that has to be done by tomorrow in order for me to come back on base tonight.
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM

So scary that nowhere is 'safe' these days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM

you know, I have a friend who said maybe this will cause the stickers to be needed again..however, we heard that it was a military member*retired/active etc reports not clear* soo it wouldn't have mattered either way:/ 

my thing with this whole situation is the timing is fishy.. we have the whole syria situation going on, and this happens and it is where all our attention is now... either way, todays act of terrorism*whether it be domestic or foreign* breaks my heart:(  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Quoting Tigger0421:

mayport naval base has now changed policies. we never had a sticker but when i came home the gate tonight they required me to go in a seperate gate with dogs and added security. also gave me a new sticker application that has to be done by tomorrow in order for me to come back on base tonight.

how long have you been there? we have a friend that lived there, and had to have stickers to visit her...*Navy only did away with stickers in June or July*

Tigger0421
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM
We just moved on base in august so they never had us get stickers just show our ids. Now there are MPs walking the base with dogs. I don't mind it but just sad that this happened.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Tigger0421:

how long have you been there? we have a friend that lived there, and had to have stickers to visit her...*Navy only did away with stickers in June or July*

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM

There have been many times that I have felt so tempted to show my id upside down. I wonder if they would double check it and go into the questions they are suppose to ask. Just wonder how quickly they would go into alert or heads up mode.

adrianaevanmom
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Quoting twinkersmom:

There have been many times that I have felt so tempted to show my id upside down. I wonder if they would double check it and go into the questions they are suppose to ask. Just wonder how quickly they would go into alert or heads up mode.

I accidently showed my drivers license once at Minot. I didn't realize it until I got to the commissary and realized I had pulled out the wrong ID. The guy at the gate obviously was not paying attention because he just let me through.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM

He was ALLOWED on base...  He had access... 

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Yep, I'm hearing that on the news today. Reported yesterday that he had a stolen id but today they are reporting he DID indeed have access to get on base. If a person wants to get on base and shoot up, they are going to do it. I have a question. I have followed this story somewhat and did less with the Ft Hood shooting. Am I understanding it right? They shot this man yesterday to stop him. Was no one able to stop the Ft Hood shooter?

Quoting jas_momof2:

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Hasan was shot by Sgt Kimberly Munley (civilian police) and paralyzed from the waist down as a result.

Quoting twinkersmom:

Yep, I'm hearing that on the news today. Reported yesterday that he had a stolen id but today they are reporting he DID indeed have access to get on base. If a person wants to get on base and shoot up, they are going to do it. I have a question. I have followed this story somewhat and did less with the Ft Hood shooting. Am I understanding it right? They shot this man yesterday to stop him. Was no one able to stop the Ft Hood shooter?

Quoting jas_momof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)