Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Soldier coming home....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
What are some creative things you've made/done for the pickup of your soldier?

Maybe I'm thinking too much into this, but this was our 1st deployment and I was just surprised to find out my dh will be home soon, when we thought it was several weeks out. I'm wondering what to bring to the airport, with a 1 and 3 yr old with me. I'm a little nervous and unprepared. But I still have some time. Any thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SierraLynn
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Im going to write "welcome home daddy" on a small poster board and let my 4 year old decorate it. She will hold it, so it can be as glittery as she wants. Lol
mlogsdon
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:08 PM
For the first one, I made a sign. I didnt do anything for the second because they came home with very little notice. I also didnt get to meet him at the airport for either one, everyone had to wait in the gym.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I do nothing.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

We haven't had any real deployments, but our last long-ish military separation I just dressed my 4 year old up cute to pick him up at the airport, and it was enough for him to see her squeal and run as fast as she could to jump into his arms.  :)  I don't think you need to do anything super creative.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Just have fun with whatever you do:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by Beth on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:40 AM
We made "welcome home daddy" posters. I also got a twin sized sheet and spray painted welcome home on it and hung it over the garage that was put up a i headed to the gym to pick hin up. My block was filled woth welcome home banners for that flight of soldiers. Lol
TADpole25
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM
:( I feel bad I meet my df after his return and I was just heartbroken to hear his return story his so called gf at the time was too busy said she other things to do first... and was hours late picking him up.. I would have wanted it to be awesome since he had been gone two yrs... Id wana do something special :) if he ever had deploy while we r together. :)
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I made a poster and dressed Pretty Princess up in red white and blue =]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN