Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Goes to show.

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:18 AM
  • 11 Replies

My crazy neighbors, I have told ya about before, are going to be leaving soon. He is getting chapered out due to all the complaints against them for not keeping an eye on the kids. People that work with him say he is a great soldier. Shame that because she cannot handle her kids, and pay attention to them. Just shows that the spouse can affect a career.

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:29 AM

I seriously doubt your story. I'm not saying that I don't believe he's getting out, I just doubt that he's being kicked out. Usually when there's issues with the dependants they get kicked out of base housing, they don't get kicked out of the military. More likely what's happening is he wanted to get out, and his family situation is a convenient excuse for an early termination of his contract. I've been married to the military for more than a decade, and I've never heard of someone getting kicked out because of their spouse. It's true that a spouses actions can have an affect on a soldier's career, but not to that extreme.

Katkinson
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:05 AM

NO no no. ..I saw this happen in GA. 

There was a PSYCHOTIC woman who was married to a guy on DH's boat.  She showed up at my friend's house late at night looking for someone's kid ( why she would go there. . .no idea, no relationship there), she showed up at teh same person's house when her parents were visiting from the midwest and proceeded to stay there ( very weird), she wished my (then) 4 year old daughter woudl get ran over by a bus because she didn't like me personally, she got pregnant and tried to pursue medical avenues to get her husband to stay in from EVERY deployment, none of which worked.  She reported a sailor's spouse was "stalking" her and gave license plates for the complete wrong state ( she used the state they were stationed in last, not the plates that were actually on the car,  which just proved she was fabricating the whole story) And teh BESt one was after her baby was born, she pretended to "pass out" and left the baby in a pile of dirty laundry for three hours so her DH wouldn't have to deploy again.  The command got involved, and there were several other complaints from other spouses regarding her conduct towards them.  She ( and he ) did, indeed get sat down at the command and were told ANY MORE drama, issues, stunts to get him out of a deployment, etc would result in him getting separated.  I'm not entirely sure they were bluffing. 

So yes. . . if a family member is unstable enough or f-d up enough, or causing issues with other military members, I believe they will kick your ass out. 

I'd personally have seen nothing like this woman.  unbelievable. . . and this guy WAS NOT a regular rate.  he was what's considered a "critical rate". . . so I always assumed that if he had been a "non critical" rate, he would have been processed out due to his spouse. 

The military can't be too keen on sending someone on deployments if there is a concern for the mental health of their spouse and her abilities to care for her children and keep them safe.  If there is issue after issue and a child's welfare is being threatened ( ie, unattending children in the OP's case) I could see where the service member would get processed out. 

Ironically enough, this woman was ( amongst ad members of the boat and their spouses) known as Psycho ______. 

I think there's just a thresh hold.  It may be extreme, but I could see this happening. 

In my experience the military is more proactive in situations like this with people who DO live in housing.  The people I knew owned their own home and lived out in town.  so if the command got THAT involved for them, imagine if this was happening in housing!!!   Since you then involve housing in the situation, there's just a bigger spotlight and more pressure to get the situation corrected in any way, shape or form. 

JMO!

Quoting Anonymous:

I seriously doubt your story. I'm not saying that I don't believe he's getting out, I just doubt that he's being kicked out. Usually when there's issues with the dependants they get kicked out of base housing, they don't get kicked out of the military. More likely what's happening is he wanted to get out, and his family situation is a convenient excuse for an early termination of his contract. I've been married to the military for more than a decade, and I've never heard of someone getting kicked out because of their spouse. It's true that a spouses actions can have an affect on a soldier's career, but not to that extreme.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM

yikes. =[ Poor guy!

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Yea she has even made him lose his "P" status!

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

yikes. =[ Poor guy!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Wow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Quoting barrelracer1699:

Just shows that the spouse can affect a career.

VERY TRUE
mlogsdon
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Wow. That sucks. Those poor kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by Melissa on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Yes, spouses actions CAN affect a military career to that extreme. Just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it can't happen. I've been a spouse more than a decade as well and have seen it happen more than once.

Quoting Anonymous:

karla41164
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Such a shame to loose a good one due to the spouse,Have they made then do parenting clesses??

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Yikes.  Makes you feel really badly for the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN