Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

New marine mom

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi everyone, my son is at bootcamp PI right now, set to graduate Oct.3. We are from northern NY....in the middle of nowhere....what a roller coaster this has been! 10 weeks down, 2 to go

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:18 AM
You got this mama!!!! I think this is the time where he should be doing the Cruciable and officially becoming a Marine..if my memory serves me right. My husband is a Marine and we have been together since before he left for boot camp(about 6 years ago)

Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LisaMiller404
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Yes, he will start the crucible this week....2am on Thursday. I hate all this waiting and worrying!

buttercup627
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Oorah are you going for family day and graduation? If you do you should bring his favorite meal, snacks and drinks in the car ;) my family did and it was the best thing ever lol
buttercup627
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:51 AM
The crucible is a lot of walking around. Don't worry PI is virtually the safest place for marines he'll be fine

Quoting LisaMiller404:

Yes, he will start the crucible this week....2am on Thursday. I hate all this waiting and worrying!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Hugs!
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM
That's a good idea. We never thought of that. I went to graduation with hubby's parents and after he was able to leave with us we just stopped at a restaurant of his choice. I had never seen him eat so much in such a little amount of time. Haha we went to ihop and he got one if the biggest omletts and a stack of pancakes and before I could finish half of my French toast he was done with his entire meal. Lol I joke with him that I don't even think he tasted it and that he was afraid it was going to run away from him.

Quoting buttercup627:

Oorah are you going for family day and graduation? If you do you should bring his favorite meal, snacks and drinks in the car ;) my family did and it was the best thing ever lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM
My hubby went to PI and he was fine. Nothing to be worried about. I have a marine wife friend that I know who's husband is a DI there now. These next two weeks are going to be real important to your son! He will officially go from recruit to a United States Marine and be given his EGA. My husband said when he was given his EGA he had tears in his eyes. Along with seeing our kids born he says that is one of his proudest moments in life.

Quoting LisaMiller404:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Welcome!! Almost done with bootcamp!

I'm from Upstate NY also! =] Rochester!

buttercup627
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I was dating my brother's friend who was a marine so my family came super prepared lol. My brother walked me and my rack mates to his car opened the trunk and it was like a treasure chest of junk food! (it looked like he robbed a convenient store).

There isn't a whole lot of time at boot camp so you do everything very fast, including eating, so you eat as much as you can asls fat as you can. I don't think I tasted food until my second year enlisted to be honest. That's when I finally hot the fleet and got to slow down a bit

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

That's a good idea. We never thought of that. I went to graduation with hubby's parents and after he was able to leave with us we just stopped at a restaurant of his choice. I had never seen him eat so much in such a little amount of time. Haha we went to ihop and he got one if the biggest omletts and a stack of pancakes and before I could finish half of my French toast he was done with his entire meal. Lol I joke with him that I don't even think he tasted it and that he was afraid it was going to run away from him.

Quoting buttercup627:

LisaMiller404
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I'm about 5 or 6 hours north of you, near massena

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN