Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possible shut down and PCS. Update more questions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

We are supposed to PCS the first week of November. Lets say this government shut down happens... what happens to our PCS? 

We have 3 months pay in savings... but we were planning on using mostly DLA and our travel entitlements. I dont see how that will stretch far enough if it has to.

update

My husband didnt receive his hard orders yet and this afternoon MPF told him they are no longer cutting orders. They said that we will stay here until its fixed and they will alter his report date if needed. He is retraining and we are here for tech school only, so they cant just cancel them forever. Soooo... is there any sort of speculation on how long this is supposed to last? 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

No idea, hopefully someone else can help you out there.

FIREFOX1336
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:40 PM
The article I read says moves (pcs) will either be canceled or put on hold it was the military times that I read that
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Quoting FIREFOX1336:

The article I read says moves (pcs) will either be canceled or put on hold it was the military times that I read that

Thats what I read too, I just dont see how that will actually play out in real life. My DH is cross training so we are just here for a few months for tech school. We already have orders with a report date and already have a house lined up. It would just me a major pain in the ass if everything changed right before. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the military...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FIREFOX1336:

Thats what I read too, I just dont see how that will actually play out in real life. My DH is cross training so we are just here for a few months for tech school. We already have orders with a report date and already have a house lined up. It would just me a major pain in the ass if everything changed right before. 

FIREFOX1336
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:47 PM
You would think moving from tech school would be an exception, if not they'd be paying(when they reopen and back pay everyone) him to be in limbo. But it is the military and our government and nothing makes much sense lately

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FIREFOX1336:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Literal LOL. Two PCSs ago he got short orders and we had to up and leave in 3 weeks. It wasnt as bad because we didnt have kids but if that happened now I would probably lose my mind.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Welcome to the military...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FIREFOX1336:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Yeah thats what they are wondering. He cant really work here, aside from doing details. Nobody at the schoolhouse knows either of course.

Quoting FIREFOX1336:

You would think moving from tech school would be an exception, if not they'd be paying(when they reopen and back pay everyone) him to be in limbo. But it is the military and our government and nothing makes much sense lately

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FIREFOX1336:

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I read something that said PCS could be delayed or cancelled but everything is just speculation really. You never know what is true and what is heresay. I could see why they would be cancelled though. I suppose it depends on how long the shutdown lasts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)