Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

So, who here wrote this? :P

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

I read it just now on facebook and instantly thought of this group!!!  You know this person will be getting a shitstorm soon.

It is on a status on the military spouse magazine's facebook page.

Do you agree with it? Or does the person deserve a virtual ass kicking?

Quote:

OK I am not meaning to be negative because it is awesome that some banks are doing this for people, but you'd think military families would have learned after we went through this in 2011 to save money! Again, I am not downplaying what these banks are doing, but honestly, it isn't their job to make sure you eat. The country is in a bad state, has been for a few years, and it won't magically change in 2014 either. lessons should have been learned. SO PLEASE, people..please..save money..because in December we will be RIGHT BACK HERE when we hit the debt ceiling. Military families do not have to live paycheck to paycheck. Quit feeding the sterotype that we only make enough to pay our bills. do good by your family and prepare financially for these things..this won't be the last time..and is not the first time we have been here

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I agree with the message.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:01 PM

i tend to agree with her.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Quoting adrianna1043:

I agree with the message.
Arib107
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I agree
Mizuagi
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm new to all this, since my husband is about to graduate AIT in a couple weeks. So, I don't agree with the part where she says "we went through this in 2011" only because I didn't really go through it. But I guess I do agree with the rest.  

I just keep reading what's going on, and if something does happen, my husband and I aren't ready at all. We don't have anything in savings. We did, but my FIL passed away and we spent everything  with traveling to Mexico, funeral expenses, food for everyone that went and we had to leave money for his mother. Now we're financially supporting my MIL and SIL as well.

I just hope that things get better for us in the near future so we can start putting money in our savings again.

Katkinson
by Kristin on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:30 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree. 

I'm just ticked.  It's a darn shame they cut so close to the wire every time and use the elderly, survivors, and military as pawns in the whole situation. 

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

No clue but I agree.

Time to quit spending your husband's paycheck on coach bags (*sarcasm* ) and living the good life (... further sarcasm) while collecting PA (didn't you know? The military is like welfare? According to confessions anyway) and not working (nope, no milso ever has a job!) so you don't starve later (since dependapotamuses eat everything in site and leave none for their kids).

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Not me, but I agree 100%

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:39 PM
We just depleted our savings having to buy appliances, because this house came with none. Stupid Oklahoma people take their appliances when they move, apparently. That, and I've been out of work for a month and unemployment has not been helpful. So, we're screwed. Time to move to the FEMA death camps.
sahmw2010
by Beth on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:43 PM
I agree with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)