Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Can anyone confirm this?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM
  • 19 Replies

My son and future DIL just called me and said that the Military is beginning to call soldiers back to duty, because of this stuff going on with Syria. 

Several of my son's friends (MP's) who got out the same time he did (less than 5 years ago) have been notified that they need to report back to duty ASAP.  Both my son & his fiance were both MP's in the Army.  

Just wondering if anyone else has heard this?   

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be very surprised if they are actually calling people back to duty. They may be asking people on inactive reserve to update their info at their nearest reserve station, (I had to do that in 2004), but not actually called back to duty.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I'm inactive reserve. I was told the only reason I could be called back was if we as a country declared a new war. So until then no one should be called back. Maybe called to update their info etc but not called back to active status
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Same here. People go into the IRR and just fall off the side of the world. I was calling people in for this today and phone numbers didn't work, etc.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I would be very surprised if they are actually calling people back to duty. They may be asking people on inactive reserve to update their info at their nearest reserve station, (I had to do that in 2004), but not actually called back to duty.

~*~*~ Because food will never taste as good as skinny feels~*~*~
~*~*~One bad meal can't make you fat. Nor can one healthy meal make you skinny~*~*~
Tx_stepmom
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I hope that's all it is....

Tx_stepmom
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Thanks for the info!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM

How long were they in?

I know if you serve what is it 4 years active, than you serve 3-4 inactive but can be recalled up to serve.

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Its unlikely anyone will be called back.
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Not true.
Tx_stepmom
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I'm going to disagree.  Some of their friends were told to update their info via letter, like Elle.tea said.  But some were told that they have to report back to their Base within 2 weeks.  Nothing the Army does surprises me anymore.  I've dealt with this for the 5 years that my son was enlisted.  It's enough to drive a person crazy. 

NotTheirMom99
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM
My dh got out in 2009 after 10 years in and nothing yet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)