Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Offensive Comments!!

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 30 Replies
2 moms liked this

I absolutely cannot stant it when people who have no ties to the military made comments that a derogatory towards the military. I have been a military wife for many years and I have had ties to the military for even more. If you don't support the troops then keep it to yourself! Don't come to a place where we are trying to raise support and awareness for our men and women over seas and talk about how stupid it is!! I am one proud Military Spouse and I support my troops. If you don't, back off!!

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest. Feel free to express your own personal oppinions! Nothing downing our troops, PLEASE!!!

angry frustrated

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM
What happened?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I get the way you feel. It makes me angry and frustrated too but I have to remember we do live in a free country where they can voice their opinions just like we can.
SusanD
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Huh?

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:49 PM
3 moms liked this
I can't stant it either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by Mary on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:11 AM
I'm lost. Sorry you're upset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Quoting mlogsdon:

I'm lost. Sorry you're upset.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:28 AM
I almost got attacked by some crazy girl because my husband is in the military. She actualy started pushing me and threatened to beat me up. I just told her I would flip her off the balcony we were standing on if she didn't leave me alone!
She left but we could hear her and her friend referring to baby killers and bullshit like that. It was really hard to ignore but I am not a confrontational person at all, and my husband and the other guys didn't want to argue with a girl.
This is the only time I've ever encountered anyone that feels this way.
Katkinson
by Kristin on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:56 AM
3 moms liked this

One time in Ga, there were nuclear protesters outside of base.  But they were nice!  I always joked "leave it to the south to have polite protesters"!  I just took their pamphlets about how bad nuclear  weapons are and smiled and said thanks. 

But I've been there.  Do you know what the best response is?  

"I am grateful you can express your opinions so freely, that means your military is doing its job". ( when I was active, I'd add a "you're welcome" behind it.  That REALLY pissed them off).   

And walk away.

Quoting Anonymous:

I almost got attacked by some crazy girl because my husband is in the military. She actualy started pushing me and threatened to beat me up. I just told her I would flip her off the balcony we were standing on if she didn't leave me alone!
She left but we could hear her and her friend referring to baby killers and bullshit like that. It was really hard to ignore but I am not a confrontational person at all, and my husband and the other guys didn't want to argue with a girl.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I love it!  I have never come across any military haters but I will have to remember that incase I ever do.

Quoting Katkinson:

One time in Ga, there were nuclear protesters outside of base.  But they were nice!  I always joked "leave it to the south to have polite protesters"!  I just took their pamphlets about how bad nuclear  weapons are and smiled and said thanks. 

But I've been there.  Do you know what the best response is?  

"I am grateful you can express your opinions so freely, that means your military is doing its job". ( when I was active, I'd add a "you're welcome" behind it.  That REALLY pissed them off).   

And walk away.

Quoting Anonymous:

TishHughes
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Eh. I don't care.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)