Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

so, how legit are articles on spousebuzz? according to them statside commissaries to close 10/02

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
According to them, DECA officials have said stateside commissaries were told today during a DOD brief on shutdown procedures, that they have to close October 2nd and not reopen until shutdown is over.

They will be open on the 1st as to try and clear perishables.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
froggyt11
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I've only recently started reading spousebuzz so I am no help, but that sounds far fetched (maybe I have wishful thinking)
They are saying they got the info from Deca, so it is possible. I guess cross your fingers and hope that we don't have to find out :( 

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I don't know if they are reliable or not. Don't they cite their sources?
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM

my husbands support battalion just shared this article on their FB page so it popped up in my feed. I've never heard of spousebuzz before so I really am not sure, but it seems like they're constantly threatening to shut things down and then never do. "We're gonna do this!! ...ahem, OK no we won't. But still. Had ya worried!" ya know?

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Never even heard of that site. It would suck if the did close them. I don't shop at one regularly since we don't live close enough to one but for the people that do regularly shop there it would suck.

If they are going to close the commissaries why don't they close the exchanges too??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulesFairy
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I havent heard of spousebuzz but military times and another website listed things to know in a shut down and that was one of them. Schools will remian open but stateside commissaries will close on October 2 and not reopen until an agreement has been reached.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Spousebuzz has been around for yrs, and has a lot of good info. It's part of military.com and around since 1999.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMCorbin84
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM

I'd def say if the government doesn't pay the military or decide on the budget we're gonna have bigger issues than the commy's closing, lol. But yes I've heard on several sites that if they don't pass the budget for the military then there will be no checks cut for soldier's salaries, commy's will close as of the 2nd and all deployed soldier's benefits will be stopped as well (talk about a "screw you"). Granted I have no idea how accurate any of this info is, just something dh read to me from a facebook post from a friend. 

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Sep. 28, 2013 at 6:24 AM

A couple people have asked on the DECA Facebook page, but no reply as of yet. I don't shop there anyway so I'm not that concerned about it.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Never heard this...not sure.

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Never heard of that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)