Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

house passes bill protecting military pay during shutdown

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
However they said the senate may not pass it. There's no date tied to it, which means they don't even have to schedule a time to look at it. To keep pressure on, the news said the senate probably won't pass it.

Also, Obama has to sign it. Which again probably won't happen either due to the fact we are not the only ones without a check. Something many Democrats have mentioned since it passed..

But hey. There's a bill to protect our pay. lol
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Oh this shut down stuff is such a headache
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I agree.  Is it bad that I am most annoyed that if there is a shutdown, the National Parks will shut down?  I have family visiting next week, and we were planning a visit :/

Sparta.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Its a step closer
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I didn't know that but I guess it makes sense. We live close to a few national parks and hubby loves to take drives through them.

Quoting TonyaLea:

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I agree.  Is it bad that I am most annoyed that if there is a shutdown, the National Parks will shut down?  I have family visiting next week, and we were planning a visit :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:46 PM

This will never happen... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:52 PM
What won't?

Them not passing the second bill protecting military pay?

I don't think the senate will vote on it. I think it will sit in the senate.

The house only passed the bill so when the senate doesn't they can say look what those there senators did!

Quoting jas_momof2:

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM

there have been politicians who have been trying to pass a bill like this since the 2011 scare. I don't think it will happen. Everytime it's greeted with a brick wall. Would be nice if it did happen though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Well this one passed the house unanimously.

However the senate still has to vote on it and they probably won't take it up tomorrow. Even if they did Obama has to sign it.

Democrats have already come out and said the military are not the only ones who would be working without pay. Which means the senate probably won't even look at it.

Quoting UCFknight:

there have been politicians who have been trying to pass a bill like this since the 2011 scare. I don't think it will happen. Everytime it's greeted with a brick wall. Would be nice if it did happen though.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

The bill protecting military pay...

For 1 - What about all the other gvt employees?  CIA, FBI and all of your other agencies that are all tied in together?  Why should only the military get special treatment?   

For 2 - Using the military and their families gives them an advantage for their cause. Who really wants to be the cause of others not getting paid?  You think that will help their political career?  (Obama doesn't care - he has his legacy on the line with his health care crap)

Quoting Anonymous:

What won't?

Them not passing the second bill protecting military pay?

I don't think the senate will vote on it. I think it will sit in the senate.

The house only passed the bill so when the senate doesn't they can say look what those there senators did!

Quoting jas_momof2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Reading the latest news. This passed, correct?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)