Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: Your preventative health

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM
  • 6 Replies

The other day was the 4th anniversary of the death of a friend of mine. She was one year older than myself. After a long and hard fight, she lost her battle with breast cancer.

Her death brought home to me just how important preventative health care really is. Not just in the case of breast cancer but in overall good health.

As moms we often push ourselves to the back burner while taking care of everyone else. I know I have been guilty of that in the past. I just wanted to share with you and give you all a gentle nudge to remember to take care of yourselves too!  :)

Do you remember to get your yearly check ups?

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.  Good reminder though.  Yes, I get my yearly checkups.

penneylane
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I am always on top of my check ups. At least 2 a year like clockwork.

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Always.  I push myself to extremes and know that I have to stay on top of my health.  The older I get, the more I hear of people my age with illnesses and it is an important reminder. 

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM

no. i'm awful. and, i have a history of early breast cancer in my immediate family.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:22 PM

i'm overdue for my annual, however yesterday completely randomly I decided to give myself one of those 'in the shower breast exams.' Well. I was in front of the mirror. Raised my arm up and everything. Seemed good so I figure I'm good to go for another x amount of years before I think about it again lol. Really though, cancer is big in my family and I'm a little nervous.

mlogsdon
by Mary on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:26 PM
I see my doctor regularly - every 6 months as I had my thyroid removed and have to check my hormone levels. The last time I asked for a regular physical they acted like I was crazy. I guess it's not done frequently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)