Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

The CDC's will remain open tomorrow if there is a shutdown

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

My sister is a lead teacher at a CDC. She just called me and told me she got a letter in the mail today saying they will remain open, and they must report to work. The letter also said they are unsure at this point if they will be paid at all, or receive a delay in pay. There is a mandatory meeting after work for all employees and hopefully they will know more. Needless to say she is a bit furious if she has to work with no pay at all lol

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM

We just got an email to contact each CDC building our children are in to see what they are doing. Luckily the one we use is going to be open. We would be so screwed if they were closed.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Quoting usmclife58:

We just got an email to contact each CDC building our children are in to see what they are doing. Luckily the one we use is going to be open. We would be so screwed if they were closed.

I'm glad it will remain open for you. Lots of uncertainty for some people I am assuming.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Hey stranger!  Haven't seen you here in a while:)

Quoting usmclife58:

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM

The CDC here will be open but the youth center will be closed. Really sucks for those that rely on that before/after school care.

I don't see how the govt imagines this will work... you must go to work, but you might not get paid, and you might not have childcare... okay...  I guess those kids will just be going to work with mom or dad until the govt figures out that its ass isn't a hat.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Quoting mom2jessnky:

The CDC here will be open but the youth center will be closed. Really sucks for those that rely on that before/after school care.

I don't see how the govt imagines this will work... you must go to work, but you might not get paid, and you might not have childcare... okay...  I guess those kids will just be going to work with mom or dad until the govt figures out that its ass isn't a hat.

It does suck. I didn't ask her about the youth center by her. I am curious about that now. And my older neice and nephew go to the youth center after school (11 & 13) but they can certainly stay home alone after school if it is closed. Just keeps them from killing each other lol! As for the cdc, she may not receive pay for her work but of course she has to pay for childcare for my 4 yo neice while she still has to show. I feel bad for her (and others), I really do.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

It does suck. I didn't ask her about the youth center by her. I am curious about that now. And my older neice and nephew go to the youth center after school (11 & 13) but they can certainly stay home alone after school if it is closed. Just keeps them from killing each other lol! As for the cdc, she may not receive pay for her work but of course she has to pay for childcare for my 4 yo neice while she still has to show. I feel bad for her (and others), I really do.

In her case with older kids that CAN stay home alone it's not such a big deal, but youth center starts at age 5 (here at least) so if you're dual active and have a kid in kindergarten your options are take them to work with you, or leave them home alone? If you're not getting paid you certainly can't pay someone else to watch your kids. And even if you can (savings) I don't think they should,  I really think that if this goes down everyone should make this hurt for as many people as possible. Oh you don't want my 5yo running amok in my office? Yeah sucks that the Youth Center is closed, she wouldn't be here if it were open... BUT... it's not, that sucks. I'll go to the brig if I leave her home alone and seeing how I'm not getting paid I can't pay a sitter. Shucks. 

Gee whiz I surely would love to pay you Ally but seeing as I wasn't paid, I can't pay you, maybe you should take it up with Obama and all them they might listen to you seeing as you're a huge motherfucking bank and I'm not"

usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My teachers are trying to kill me ;)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hey stranger!  Haven't seen you here in a while:)

Quoting usmclife58:

Photobucket

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:20 PM

...I'm assuming CDC is a daycare or something? I don't know the term.
But I would be extremely upset if I was made to work and received no pay at all! My daycare classroom would be watching movies all day! lol (just kidding.) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)