Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever have one of those months?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:40 PM
  • 10 Replies

I just got over the flu a couple weeks ago. Thank goodness I only had it for a full week! I'm grateful it didn't drag out any longer than that. BUT then I came down with the stomach flu last night. WTF? I spent a week cleaning and disinfecting the house and I ended up sick again, anyway. Geez! Alright, give me your immune boosting tips! I promise to follow them. LOL 

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Vitamin C and Cod liver Oil.
It works for me.
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

you'd think that i would have some good ideas-- you know, having the immuno-compromised child and all.

but. i'm a blank.

oh, wash your hands. all the time.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Cod liver oil? Do I have to?? haha But seriously, I never would have thought of that! Interesting.

Quoting SierraLynn:

It works for me.

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Yep. This is what I take.
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Immune Boost from Natrol.  The ingredient you are looking for is Epicor if you can't find Immune Boost.  Took it daily for the past two school years and literally had no illness.  This year I hadn't started taking it yet...and I've had some kind of flu/respiratory infection for two weeks--I still have very little voice and I'm coughing until my sides hurt. 

Vitamin D (also in the Immune Boost) and probiotics also help.  I have heard that reducing stress also boosts immunity, but never had the good fortune to be able to do that.

Hope you feel better soon!

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:41 PM

My mother used to make me take cod liver oil...I thought she was just doing her Mommie Dearest imitation.

Quoting SierraLynn:

It works for me.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Sorry you're sick again:(  I don't have any ideas...other than lots of water and rest.  

AnnaMess
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Drink oj and wash everything!! change out sheets, fluff up pillows, lysol eeverything!!

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:29 PM

are you kidding me?! Eek! I'm so sorry =[

mlogsdon
by Mary on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM
I don't really do much, but I rarely get sick. I take regular multivitamins, and have vitamin c that I take when one of my guys end up sick. They were both pretty bad last week, DH had a fever, DS just felt awful all week. All I had was a tickly throat. Sorry you're sick though :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)