Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Obama signs military pay bill, call me a traitor all you want but..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

The military are not the only essential employees who would be working without pay.

So yeah, I don't think we're any more deserving than the next guy

:/

does it make me a military spouse traitor, who knows but it's my opinion.I am anon because a lot of the spouses at my base are on here and I really don't feel like being known as "that one' on my base.

but yeh.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you but I wouldn't have made it an anon post. I don't care if people disagree. This could be disastrous for the entire communities around bases all over the country. How am I supposed to be happy when I go to my kids school tomorrow and be happy when I know they are going to be screwed come mid month? There is nothing good about it.

Also it didn't need the President's signature. The percentage of Congress that voted for it made it so that a presidential veto wouldn't have stopped it. So he can play hero but it wasn't him. All I see on the floor in the Senate and the House is finger pointing instead of brainstorming or rational discussion. It is worse than watching my kids argue.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Totally agree here.

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

I agree with you but I wouldn't have made it an anon post. I don't care if people disagree. This could be disastrous for the entire communities around bases all over the country. How am I supposed to be happy when I go to my kids school tomorrow and be happy when I know they are going to be screwed come mid month? There is nothing good about it.

Also it didn't need the President's signature. The percentage of Congress that voted for it made it so that a presidential veto wouldn't have stopped it. So he can play hero but it wasn't him. All I see on the floor in the Senate and the House is finger pointing instead of brainstorming or rational discussion. It is worse than watching my kids argue.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Frankly I think the lot of them should be tossed in jail. Oh good, I'm getting paid, what about my sister and dad? They work for the govt and are furloughed now. What about my neighbors that are DOD? What about the other 800,000 people he just totally fucked over?

England should come revoke our independence from them.

sahmw2010
by Beth on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly i was thinking the same thing, and got into a fight with a "friend" because "as long as the military still gets paid, they can do whatever they want" she fails to realize ALL those who dont get paid.
Katkinson
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Nope. I agree with you.  This is pathetic.  Seriously.  Getting DD ready for AM band practice and some Australian on the news commented on how "special" our government was.  Yup.  Embarrassing how other countries view us because of this. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:08 AM

My husband is a civilan DOD employee. He works as a civilan during the week upholding the military mission. We will not be paid during the shut down. And most likely we wont get UTA pay either, granted this months UTA isnt for a couple weeks. While i think our soldiers deserve their pay i dont think its fair that so many government employees will be without work and some have to report to duty without pay

Katkinson
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:16 AM

are you entirely sure about this?  I thought DOD employees were lumped in with the military as far as the special bill for pay went. 

Hugs. . . so sorry. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband is a civilan DOD employee. He works as a civilan during the week upholding the military mission. We will not be paid during the shut down. And most likely we wont get UTA pay either, granted this months UTA isnt for a couple weeks. While i think our soldiers deserve their pay i dont think its fair that so many government employees will be without work and some have to report to duty without pay

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Eh, I'm pretty selfish. I don't really care about anyone else's situation right now, I'm just relieved I don't have to carry the whole house for a month on my own.
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

While I do agree that the military isn't special to just have to be paid. But when you start talking about what about the FBI and CIA and stuff. What happens to them if they are working and not getting paid and get sick of it and walk off the job? If the military does that they get felony charges.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:41 AM

yes im positve. he went in today and they are shutting down shops. only select DOD employees were included.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN