Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

How does this effect PCSs?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

I know we will get paid, but arent the movers contractors? We are PCSing in about 3 weeks and Im wondering what is effected for us.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Good question. I don't know the answer. I hope someone can help, and good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Thanks! The offices are still closed here so I havent been able to actually talk to anyone. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Thanks! The offices are still closed here so I havent been able to actually talk to anyone. 

Please update when you find out. I am curious if this affects pcs's.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Huh, hadn't thought about that one.  Hope it all works out for you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Lets say it is effected, how long do we suppose this shut down will even last? I know no one knows the answer, but how long should we be concerned? 

Also, my husband just put in for his reenlistment bonus. Any ideas on if we will see that or not? 

froggyt11
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM

www.benning.army.mil says that out processing is stopped. 
my husband was supposed to start clearing today and is not. I don't know if this is true at all bases or for all people, just that is is for us.
If you are worried see if your bases .mil website says anything and have husband call branch (good luck getting through everyone is calling)
Hope things go smoothly for y'all. 

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I just saw on anther article someone posted in another post, it said to contact your detailer with questions.

• Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders will only be allowed in the following cases:
    • Movement to an excepted activity
    • Movement from an excepted activity if that activity is overburdened
    • Accession and training moves associated with recruitment and initial entry training will continue, along with movement to first duty station when required by a move to an excepted activity
    • Movement to comply with separation instructions will continue
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM

http://navylive.dodlive.mil/2013/10/01/what-we-know-now-about-the-government-shutdown/

The same article says:

• Bonuses
    • No new bonus agreements (enlistment/reenlistment) can be entered into during the period of a government shutdown.
    • Anniversary payments: No payments can be made during the shutdown. Members will be paid retroactively after government reopens.
Quoting Anonymous:

Lets say it is effected, how long do we suppose this shut down will even last? I know no one knows the answer, but how long should we be concerned? 

Also, my husband just put in for his reenlistment bonus. Any ideas on if we will see that or not? 

fourlittlebees
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I was wondering how this is going to effect my husband's TDY.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM
So pcs will be canceled?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)