Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

DH's drill cancelled...any of this happen to you?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 13 Replies

Well DH texted me from work and told me drill for this month is cancelled due to shutdown.

Any of you have this experience? I thought that the shutdown wouldn't affect military.

P.S. DH is Reservist.

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:33 PM

My dh is active duty.  The only thing that might happen to him is not getting his jump or pro pay, and I'm not even positive about that.

sahmw2010
by Beth on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM
My hubby isnt supposed ti go back to work until tomorrow... I do believe he still has to work even with shut down
jujubear1
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Dh texted me the same thing. Doesn't affect active units.
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM

non essential reservist drills are being cancelled for all reserve components.

Active duty military or Reservists currently on essential title 10 orders will still get paid.

non essential TDY's, non essential trainings and schools are cancelled until further notice.

violinjewel
by Julia on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM
My husband's unit has never had drill in October. It's the beginning of the fiscal year thing his unit has done since he first go to that unit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup. I was sent home from work (which I only intended to work half day anyways cause I've had an interview with an other company for 2+ weeks) and was called that drill was off and my upcomming orders were bye bye too. Went to my interview, rocked it. I start my new job thursday. I took a 5k a year paycut but I'll live. Who knows how long contractors would be out of a job so I applied for this a month ago and got a call a week later, phone interview soon after and this was the earliest opening for a walk in interview. Nailed it. As for my unit, still pissed since this weekend was the pt test I expected to rock. FML.

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I'm having my dh check now. He is a reservist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firemom702
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:47 AM
My dh hasn't heard anything but this weekend is/was supposed to be drill. He's also supposed to be starting wocs and flight school next month. Would be nice to know either way.
OliviasMommy611
by Brittney on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Way to think a head though!

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Yup. I was sent home from work (which I only intended to work half day anyways cause I've had an interview with an other company for 2+ weeks) and was called that drill was off and my upcomming orders were bye bye too. Went to my interview, rocked it. I start my new job thursday. I took a 5k a year paycut but I'll live. Who knows how long contractors would be out of a job so I applied for this a month ago and got a call a week later, phone interview soon after and this was the earliest opening for a walk in interview. Nailed it. As for my unit, still pissed since this weekend was the pt test I expected to rock. FML.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredme
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:21 AM
my dh got a message that drill was canceled but then got obne that it might be but plan on coming just in case. he has a 2 1/2 hour drive and has to pay for a hotel so we are kind of hoping they do cancel.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)