Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Foster parents

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

Anyone a foster parent? I am interested in becoming one and I would like to know if its possible for  military families to be foster parents.

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
da808gypsy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM

BUMP!

DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I am not, but I have known a few military couples that were able to be foster parents.
mlogsdon
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I am not. My cousin was before they PCSd. I don't believe they've gotten set up yet at their new duty station. But it is possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:12 AM

Good luck.

thefiregoddess
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:14 AM

Its possible, but they tend to shy away from it because of the 'drama' around deployments and the possibility of PCSing.

At least here at Campbell Im told that, but its still very possible.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Your county should have information on their website or you can call them. 

TippyD
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM

my sister is:) and her husband is active AF. :)  they have had their little boy for almost 2 years now:)

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM

A couple I know fostered a child, but it was a special circumstance, she knew the mother and it was a short term thing.  6 months.  I would assume there would be other short-term fostering that you could do.  A friend I grew up with had parents that fostered, but they were an emergency-placement home.  They typically got kids the day they were taken out of a home and only had them till a more permanent placement could be found.

da808gypsy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Yeah I'm looking to be a foster parent, not to adopt. I know in my state  if the kids were taken away due to drug issues, ect the kids can be in foster care just til their parents clean up their mess. I want to help those children.

Quoting TonyaLea:

A couple I know fostered a child, but it was a special circumstance, she knew the mother and it was a short term thing.  6 months.  I would assume there would be other short-term fostering that you could do.  A friend I grew up with had parents that fostered, but they were an emergency-placement home.  They typically got kids the day they were taken out of a home and only had them till a more permanent placement could be found.

mlogsdon
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I'm not sure about everywhere, but here in WA military foster parents were only supposed to foster military children.

Quoting da808gypsy:

Yeah I'm looking to be a foster parent, not to adopt. I know in my state  if the kids were taken away due to drug issues, ect the kids can be in foster care just til their parents clean up their mess. I want to help those children.

Quoting TonyaLea:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN