Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I know everyone is tired of shutdown stuff. . . .but. . . . .good news for bonuses and special pays

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:31 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://www.navytimes.com/article/20131001/CAREERS/310010012/Update-Navy-changes-shutdown-pay-guidance-says-bonuses-special-pays-safe

They're back on.  See link to article.  I looked up DH's and I was shocked to see what they add up to.  Glad they are going to be paid. 

Still praying that this is over soon.  I felt fortunate to get at least part of a paycheck, some are getting none.  I just thought this information was useful to some of you as it was put out yesterday special pays were NOT going to be given. 

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:44 AM

thanks for sharing!

missbrooklynnv
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:50 AM
my husband is National Guard diesel mechanic work full time at the Armory they will not be getting paid are hoping that when this is over the get back pay but we're not sure
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:20 AM

my dad is the same!! he spent yesterday mowing his lawn and cleaning out his garage =[

Quoting missbrooklynnv:

my husband is National Guard diesel mechanic work full time at the Armory they will not be getting paid are hoping that when this is over the get back pay but we're not sure

Katkinson
by Kristin on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I hope it works out!!!  It is a bad, bad situation.  Praying for things to be over soon. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:23 AM

with all the chaos, we are not counting on any of his special pays.. hoping they are actually there, but wont be surprised if they arent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)