Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

House full of food with nothing for dinner lol

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 39 Replies
I went grocery shopping today. Yep, somewhere other than the commissary. I survived it. My child thought we might not though, so he had a meltdown about halfway through our shopping.

I got almost everything on my list. There is actual food in the house. But I still feel like there's nothing for dinner lol. I do not want to make anything.

What are you making/what did you have? If it sounds good enough I might be motivated to make something besides spaghetti lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I never make dinner on grocery shopping days! lol
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Went grocery shopping this afternoon with all three kids then hit Burger King on the way home to get them dinner. I hate cooking after I shop. Especially after I put everything away. I don't want to make a new mess.

violinjewel
by Julia on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
We went out. I'm lazy today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
We had pork chops for dinner. Nothing fancy.
mlogsdon
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Haha I've noticed that's the trend for me, too!

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I never make dinner on grocery shopping days! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM
That's basically it. I don't even want to look at it lol. I'd ask DH to grill some burgers, but last time I asked, he decided to do it in the kitchen on the electric griddle, instead of on the actual grill. That was the opposite of what I wanted. Biggest mess ever.

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

Went grocery shopping this afternoon with all three kids then hit Burger King on the way home to get them dinner. I hate cooking after I shop. Especially after I put everything away. I don't want to make a new mess.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM
We have a little electric countertop grill. Its pretty awesome.

Quoting mlogsdon:

That's basically it. I don't even want to look at it lol. I'd ask DH to grill some burgers, but last time I asked, he decided to do it in the kitchen on the electric griddle, instead of on the actual grill. That was the opposite of what I wanted. Biggest mess ever.

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

javakitty2011
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I do that too. go shopping and then don't want to cook. tonight I threw something together. I put 2 layers chicken nuggets in a baking dish. Spaghetti sauce on top. covered with foil.Baked for about 40 minutes then added mozzerella cheese and put back in oven for about 10 minutes until all melted. Served on top of spaghetti and with garlic bread. 

mlogsdon
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:26 PM
It is pretty cool, but he somehow manages to splatter grease everrrrywhere. Cooking burgers and bacon are always super messy lol

Quoting SierraLynn:

We have a little electric countertop grill. Its pretty awesome.

Quoting mlogsdon:

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM
I made chicken parm last night, too! I fried chicken in Panko then layered it in a baking dish with Parmesan and marinara sauce. Baked it up til it was bubbly and served it over spaghetti noodles. It ended up tasting just like restaurant chicken parmesan - I actually surprised myself! LOL

Quoting javakitty2011:

I do that too. go shopping and then don't want to cook. tonight I threw something together. I put 2 layers chicken nuggets in a baking dish. Spaghetti sauce on top. covered with foil.Baked for about 40 minutes then added mozzerella cheese and put back in oven for about 10 minutes until all melted. Served on top of spaghetti and with garlic bread. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN