Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Gov't Shutdown. . . Belay my last. NO special pays.

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:48 AM
  • 17 Replies

Well, although officials for the navy came out and said contrary, this is the latest info. 

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1043590

Moral of the story?  This shutdown needs to end.  Especially for those who are not receiving ANY of their pay. 

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I agree.  So, I read there will be no sea pay or hazardous duty pay...but what about sub pay for submariners?  Isn't that a special duty pay?  My husband gets sub pay as one of his special duty pays.

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

all special duty pays will stop, including Family sep pay sub pay, imminent danger pay, also COLA and OCOLA will also stop.

all that you will see on the 15th check is BASE pay ( taxed) BAH and BAS non-taxable. however if you have any allotments going out they will not be effected and will continue uninterrupted- including garnishments for child support, spousal support ect.

Katkinson
by Kristin on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:35 AM

I think no sub pay, although someone who does work at DFAS said that unless they go in and manually change everyone's LES ( or whatever) , there is no way to only pay "basic pays" due to how their system is automated.  BUT, they could be wrong.  I'm not betting on getting a full paycheck. 

I think sub pay isn't included in there. 

Could just be a scare tactic stunt  to get the show on the road and put the pressure on, could not be.  

either way I'm beginning to think it's a good idea to go camping up in teh Adirondacks for a week I am just so sick of this garbage .  And I'm not coming back down until this is all straightened out. . .lol

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I agree.  So, I read there will be no sea pay or hazardous duty pay...but what about sub pay for submariners?  Isn't that a special duty pay?  My husband gets sub pay as one of his special duty pays.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM
My husband gets paid extra for being a drill sergeant, does that stop as well?
SusanD
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, that is considered a special pay.

sahmw2010
by Beth on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Ds gets paid extra?

Quoting Anonymous:

SusanD
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Yes, an additional 375 per month.

Quoting sahmw2010:

Ds gets paid extra?

Quoting Anonymous:

sahmw2010
by Beth on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Shows how much i don't pay attention to the LES or whatever. I didn't even know DS for paid extra.

Quoting SusanD:

Quoting Anonymous:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Thanks for clarifying:)

Quoting gunsgirl:

all special duty pays will stop, including Family sep pay sub pay, imminent danger pay, also COLA and OCOLA will also stop.

all that you will see on the 15th check is BASE pay ( taxed) BAH and BAS non-taxable. however if you have any allotments going out they will not be effected and will continue uninterrupted- including garnishments for child support, spousal support ect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Well, that sucks. But I am grateful we will get a paycheck. The 375 helps out a lot, but we will e okay. I wonder, will we get that back pay?

Quoting SusanD:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)