Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Sams Club allows military to shop

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
http://www.bubblews.com/news/1260534-free-sam039s-club-membership-for-activeretired-military-during-government-shutdown

I know our local Sams club is allowing it, just thought I would share
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I just saw this. How nice of them : ) We have a membership already but I am sure it will help many others out.

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Awesome.
UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Cool. Ours here offers the first saturday as a free membership shop day for active military. Its the only time my husband does grocery shopping, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM

That's nice. We already have a membership, but the nearest one to me is 80 miles away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM

i honestly don't get why so many military wives are up in arms over not having a commissary. lol.

i get some people may not have access to anything else but we do. we have a homeland, a crest, a walmart, a super target and yet wives are still yaking their jaws off at not having a commissary.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM

That's very nice of them.  We already have a Sam's membership and I do most of my shopping there.

Melbornj
by Melissa on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM
The commissary here sells meat at least half the price of surrounding grocery stores. Produce is also greatly reduced in price. You can find of brand boxed items for similar prices of you buy things like that. NY is expensive and the commissary helps us immensely.

Quoting Anonymous:

i honestly don't get why so many military wives are up in arms over not having a commissary. lol.

i get some people may not have access to anything else but we do. we have a homeland, a crest, a walmart, a super target and yet wives are still yaking their jaws off at not having a commissary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Thanks!
mlogsdon
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM
It doesn't really bother me personally, but I know of a few that are one-car families and are within walking distance to the commissary, so that's what they do. At our last post, we had the commissary and a walmart. That was it. The price difference between that walmart and the commissary was pretty huge.

Here though, for me, it doesn't matter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Quoting Melbornj:

The commissary here sells meat at least half the price of surrounding grocery stores. Produce is also greatly reduced in price. You can find of brand boxed items for similar prices of you buy things like that. NY is expensive and the commissary helps us immensely.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah. that makes sense.

but here the commissary is so much more expensive on some things, in fact the store crest is a lot cheaper than the commissary.

but example of how bad our commissary is on some things compared to area stores:

A 24 pack of sierra mist is 7.02 at our commissary; at crest it is 5.99.

IDK if these women haven't uncovered the awesome that is Crest, or if they are just chosing to complain because they can..but here the commissary is not the best thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)