Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Apparently military families are gonna starve?!?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM
  • 46 Replies
3 moms liked this
Ok I understand that people are upset over the commissary closing but when I read a news article saying military is foraging for food?!? Are you serious? There are so many other places to shop. Yeah you may not get the best prices but I promise you will not starve! Just irritated me especially since people are without jobs and can't afford bills yet people are worried because they can't shop at the commissary!
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM

It's the end of the world, doncha know?

kce2013
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM
haha I guess so!

Quoting jas_momof2:

It's the end of the world, doncha know?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Foraging for food? LOL

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Where are people getting this ridiculous information?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM
6 moms liked this

I never shop there.  I'm more ticked that this ridiculousness has gone on this long.  I think it should be like a jury. . . your butts are locked in a room until you figure it out.  We would have already had our government up and running by now if that were the case.  Instead, they start their day at 10am. 

sahmw2010
by Beth on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM
This is the first i heard of it. But i would love to know where people get their info
kce2013
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I can't remember what article it was but it was saying Military is foraging for food while the golf course at a airforce base stayed open so the president could still golf! I live on an airforce base in Georgia and our golf course stayed open too. The public golfs at ours
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Wow...just wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Well, that explains a lot. How else would people victimize themselves if they don't make things seem worse than they actually are?

Quoting kce2013:

I can't remember what article it was but it was saying Military is foraging for food while the golf course at a airforce base stayed open so the president could still golf! I live on an airforce base in Georgia and our golf course stayed open too. The public golfs at ours
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Oh good grief!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)