Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

soliders and spouses complaining and demanding they get their bonuses

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

wtf.

do they not realize 800,000 don't even get a paycheck? Why not be grateful you're getting your pay and shut the fuck up.

you'll get your precious bonus check eventually.

No wonder there is so much disdain about military families on comments to stories on the news sites.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I'm with you. I have a cousin on furlough from the CIA, I think. And, 2 friends whose dhs are furloughed. They would appreciate anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:07 AM
that's very broad to say! most military soldiers and spouses aren't demanding anything.. I just hate when people categorize the military like a needy or demanding group of people. I can't speak for everyone BUT everybody I have talked to, is happy to just be getting paid!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Really?

Go read the military times article. One of the reasons this bill is being looked at is.be ajse troops are demanding their bonuses be included.
Want.more proof? Check out dfas fb status. Wives whining about bonus money.

And least we forget all the crying about the commissaries. People are still bitching and there's even a damn petition to force the dod to reopen them

Yeah. It is happening. And no it is not a board generalization if one of the reasons the bill hasn't been sent thru is because of troops wanting bonus money.

Quoting Anonymous:that's very broad to say! most military soldiers and spouses aren't demanding anything.. I just hate when people categorize the military like a needy or demanding group of people. I can't speak for everyone BUT everybody I have talked to, is happy to just be getting paid!
meandmyboys124
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't even agree with bonuses at all. country is in debt but throw $98,000 at someone so they'll re-up. I don't get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Yes really! lol
I didn't say it wasn't happening nor did I say I needed proof,all I was saying was that's very broad to say! I live on a military base and have yet to hear any complaint about bonuses ,
( only bonus related was if they would be reimbursed there money once govt. shutdown is over) and if that's the kind complaint you are talking about, then it's not even that serious to stress over somebody hoping to get the bonus that they EARNED after this entire bs ends.
The.military is a very large group, so yes its very broad to categorize every military personnel ,off of you reading comments etc etc.

I'm mobile,I apologize ahead

Quoting Anonymous:Really?

Go read the military times article. One of the reasons this bill is being looked at is.be ajse troops are demanding their bonuses be included.
Want.more proof? Check out dfas fb status. Wives whining about bonus money.

And least we forget all the crying about the commissaries. People are still bitching and there's even a damn petition to force the dod to reopen them

Yeah. It is happening. And no it is not a board generalization if one of the reasons the bill hasn't been sent thru is because of troops wanting bonus money.

Quoting Anonymous:that's very broad to say! most military soldiers and spouses aren't demanding anything.. I just hate when people categorize the military like a needy or demanding group of people. I can't speak for everyone BUT everybody I have talked to, is happy to just be getting paid!

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
It's a fact of life that some people aren't grateful nor gracious even under adversity. Unfortunately, those are the people we hear about.
mlogsdon
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not complaining or whining. Nor is my husband. It's definitely not everyone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Not me, either. My dh is one of the 98k bonus people. Do you realize those guys can make twice as much in the civilian world? It's compensation for a skill set that is very specialized. Without offering it, the military would be without qualified people, and you don't want that in his particular job field.

Complaining? Nope. It'll get paid eventually. But it's nothing to be "grateful" for. It's a NORMAL, steady part of these people's income. People can get angry at not getting ALL pay and allowances promised and contracted to them.

If you were in the situation of being SIGNIFICANTLY shorted pay due to this, you may think differently. Screw the bonus, it'll come eventually. The special paysy dh recieves (and has for years without fail) is a THIRD of his pay. That's a huge cut.

With that being said, I am very concerned and sick over friends who are now going without Anything. It is a blessing to get a promise of at least SOMETHING. I am more angry we will have to use savings, and that's not what it's supposed to be for. I think about the Peoria who have it worse than me in this situation EVERY DAY. But that doesn't make what's happening with special pays and bonuses right.

So in short, I agree with you all, however you are looking at bonuses and special pays as privileges. They are not. They are entitlements based on skill sets, they are a regular, normal part of pay; and they are compensation as part of a service members contract.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:47 AM
DFAS has a statement posted that we may not be paid btw. I'll try to post the link

Edited to add link http://www.dfas.mil/pressroom/govtshutdown.html

I'm mobile so I can't make clicky
Katkinson
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:02 AM
2 moms liked this
It's not people complaining about bonuses that are holding things up. It's whether or not special pays would be awarded. You are assuming things.

As for bonuses, they will come. But it's normal for people to get bent when they are expecting a huge chunk of money to be deposited for work already completed and they say " never mind"!!!!! It's the same reason why people get pissy when their tax return is late.

I am disgusted with the situation as a whole. I am so very sorry for what is happening to our civilians, that's why I posted the assistance info on here.

It is about perspective, but some people don't see the big picture. Even those who do have perspective have the right to be angry that they are not getting paid what they have been promised.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN