Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Camp Pendleton...

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 7 Replies
Anyone have anymore info on the fire happening there?

I believe a few housing areas were evacuated and so was the hospital. I've been looking for some updates this morning but haven't found much yet.

We used to live on Camp Pendleton and loved it there so this is sad news to hear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:47 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM
As of midnight, PST, the fire had burned 1500 acres with 15% contained. They are watching the De Luz neighborhood, but.have not evacuated them. I do know that Falbrook had been evacuated and as of half an hour ago, still no word as to if they get to go back yet. Not sure if this is info you already have or not.
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I hadn't heard the info on deluz yet. I heard the hospital was evacuated to two different hospitals. And people in the oniel hieghts area where not going back tonight. The gym and a barracks building is being used for shelter and one of the chow halls was open for breakfast and will be open for dinner tonight.

Is there any info on what caused the fire?

Quoting DvlDogWfe:

As of midnight, PST, the fire had burned 1500 acres with 15% contained. They are watching the De Luz neighborhood, but.have not evacuated them. I do know that Falbrook had been evacuated and as of half an hour ago, still no word as to if they get to go back yet. Not sure if this is info you already have or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

A friend is there. I know there are donations and things being taken up, money and necessity items. I know there was a need for a lot of baby items. As of noon, they were not allowing people back home. 

Here is a donation link: http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/help-fire-victims-aboard-camp-pendleton-from-the-10-13-fire/94375

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM
They have a lot of donations already :) and so many people have offered to open up their houses for people and pets. The fire is now 25-30% contained. No casualties and only minor damage on 4 houses (not homes).
We live at camp pendleton but I'm actually vacationing right now so I gott all the info above from the camp pendleton Facebook page and from some links that have been posted. I really wish I was there to help, but I'm just so happy to see so many people reach out.
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I just saw an update on CP's facebook page that said it was still only 15% contained. O'Niel Hieghts people will be allowed back home tonight through Santa Margahreta road.

I wish we were still there so we could help. Id glady offer a place to sleep for the night or for someone to have dinner with us.

Quoting Anonymous:

They have a lot of donations already :) and so many people have offered to open up their houses for people and pets. The fire is now 25-30% contained. No casualties and only minor damage on 4 houses (not homes).

We live at camp pendleton but I'm actually vacationing right now so I gott all the info above from the camp pendleton Facebook page and from some links that have been posted. I really wish I was there to help, but I'm just so happy to see so many people reach out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Wow...so sorry to hear this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)