Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I am wondering if anyone or their spouse has ever run into this issue...

My husband has dual Associates degrees (CCAF - Community College of the Air Force) and as far as we have ever heard, every college accepts CCAF's.

Well DH is trying to enroll at USF (University of South Florida) to complete his bachelors (he currently has 96 credit hours) and they are giving him a lot of trouble.

They told my husband they dont believe they can accept his CCAF because the credits dont have a GPA (because obviously a certain amount are on the job training). We have never heard of this and were not really sure what to do. Has anyone run into this issue? They are basically telling him his associates degrees are worthless.

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Replies (11-15):
fourlittlebees
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Some schools do not except military courses as college credits. The one here is doesn't except much but others have. Cochise is one that my husband has 2 associates through. They accepted most of his military training to get those degrees. However, he wants to get his bachelors degree at the local university where we are now and they basically told him he had to take everything over. Nothing really counted. :-/ When we get a little bit caught up, he's going to just do it with Excelior. Most like he'd just need to take a couple of classes and a Capstone (I think) with them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:46 AM

ASU wouldn't accept many classes from my CCAF. It wasn't even a degree to them apparently. So, they may not accept your husbands. 

Katkinson
by Kristin on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM

True.  I had a ton and the only things that transferred was a waiver for my PE gen ed. . . .

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM

My husband is Navy, but he did have credits through the Navy when he started college, and that included the "on the job" credits.  I don't know the specifics, but I know that he was able to use those that applied to his degree, I will ask him about it when he gets home tonight.

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Yea they are basically good to put onto a resume and some courses may count but not a lot... considering most credits of yoru CCAF come through CDCs or as you obtain your skill levels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)