Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

This really makes me sick!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

There are few things that will get me riled up, but this is definitely one of them!

About 3.8 million vets won't receive their disability benefits if the shutdown continues! 

Shutdown could hit millions of vets.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Your spouse won't get paid either if they don't do something with the debt ceiling by the 17th.  No one will. 

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
i was thinking the same thing. While this sucks for Vets it also sucks for AD members, reserve members and other government workers. Really this whole shutdown makes me sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your spouse won't get paid either if they don't do something with the debt ceiling by the 17th.  No one will. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I know. Hope they resolve this soon, as this will affect my extended family, friends, as well as my husband:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Quoting violinjewel:

I know. Hope they resolve this soon, as this will affect my extended family, friends, as well as my husband:/

gatorswife1401
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Yep. And not only will vets not get their checks but the claims process is at a stand still as well. Along with some of the speciality care.
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM

If the debt ceiling issue is not resolved we will all be with out pay, regardless of what the POTUS signed. If there is no money, there is no money. Vets, AD, Gurard, DoD, Government workers etc.... No one will be paid.

Katkinson
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Dude, these guys will seriously need to be put in protective custody if that happens. . . every single last one of them.  There will be riots in the streets, it will not be good.  I doubt they're going to go there.. . .

NotTheirMom99
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Not happy about this at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN