Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

house passes bill to pay military death benefits

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 7 Replies
The house today passed a bill 425 to 0 to immediately pay all death benefits to military families. Still at a stalemate with the looming debit ceiling oct 17 house has recommend a bill increasing our debit limit without any stipulations. Speaker of the house is still refusing to bring the bill to the house floor for a vote. Stating that the bill would be unconditional surrender to the senate and president. An outstanding number of republicans speaking out against the speaker begging him to bring the bill to the floor.
I am very thankful that they have agreed to pay the death benefits but just so outrageous that the speaker keeps derailing any progress for a solution
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM

the speaker needs arrested and tried for treason.

I never realized he had so much power. I assumed that the whole point of congres was for the all to vote. Seems to me, something needs to be done to the speaker. He needs removed from the throne.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I think if the votes are there for them to pass a vote, they should be able to override the speakers decision. From what CNN is saying they have 220 house of reps who would be able to pass both a debt ceiling increase and a clean CR. The house only needs 217. they have the votes. There should be something stating if the votes are there, then the speaker needs to sit.

Katkinson
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I am curious how this is happening.  Is there no "vote of no confidence" that congress can hold to get his butt out of there? 

I heard on the news that there ARE enough votes to pass a CR, but NOT enough people will force Boehner to call a vote. 

So ridiculous. 

Tigger0421
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Boehner already knows come vote time he will not be re elected to the speaker so in my opinion he doesn't give a damn about what others want. He has a personal agenda and will not stop until he accomplishes it. The votes are all there for increase debit ceiling but not a cr yet. Just listening to this man speak I want to punch him. He has his own party pleading on national tv to stop this and place it a vote. This man is as selfish as they come
usmclife58
by Nikki on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Too little, too late.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM
There are enough votes, yes. They tried to pass this letter thing through that would make him sit. But two republicans backed out last minute and refused to sign it. So that axed that.

Quoting Katkinson:

I am curious how this is happening.  Is there no "vote of no confidence" that congress can hold to get his butt out of there? 

I heard on the news that there ARE enough votes to pass a CR, but NOT enough people will force Boehner to call a vote. 

So ridiculous. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)