Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GI Bill to cease November 1st if shutdown looms on.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

http://bluestarfam.org/blog/view/whats-the-next-thing-to-go

I don't know about your husband; but mine joined when he had to pay 100 a month for a year. He isn't in the service anymore and relies on that.

He paid for it..he paid for it to use it eventually..unfair that now that the is out and can use it and is using it they may pull it.

he paid for it. not right.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM
6 moms liked this

Nope, it's not right.  My dh paid into his as well...  Our government is a complete farce.  They're too busy playing tiddly winks and pointing fingers blaming everyone but themselves.  It's disgusting.

My voting strategy is simple.  If you're in office and are running again - I'm voting for the other guy.

violinjewel
by Julia on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Pretty much this. My husband, though he didn't pay into it, just started going to school and using his GI Bill.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Nope, it's not right.  My dh paid into his as well...  Our government is a complete farce.  They're too busy playing tiddly winks and pointing fingers blaming everyone but themselves.  It's disgusting.

My voting strategy is simple.  If you're in office and are running again - I'm voting for the other guy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TishHughes
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM
That's fucked up. They still take $100 out of people's checks for that. I am planning to give mine to my child. That's ONE of the reasons I have yet to get out. This is dumb.
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:05 AM
My husband is planning on giving his to our daughter, that was our plan. If something happens and for some reason the GI Bill ceases to exist, we're fucked. I have no way to make up 10 years worth of college savings at this point.

Quoting TishHughes:

That's fucked up. They still take $100 out of people's checks for that. I am planning to give mine to my child. That's ONE of the reasons I have yet to get out. This is dumb.
sleepy_in_va
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Well crap. Hubby is using his GI bill now. Hopefully he can get a decent job in the next few weeks or we are screwed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Same here. I'll be very surprised if any of them get elected again.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Yep.

Quoting mlogsdon:

Same here. I'll be very surprised if any of them get elected again.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)