Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I see a deployment in our future.

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:19 PM
  • 15 Replies

Right now my husband will be gone to the field for a month and a half. Yes, you read right. To just the field...for a month and a half. The longest, anyone we've known, has gone to the field has been about 2 weeks, maybe. But anyway shortly after they return from the field they are talking about NTC training and from our experiences before that means deployment. Slowly bracing myself for the news but I dont want him to go lol I like it when he's home sometimes haha

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlogsdon
by Mary on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM
My husband did NTC last year, there was no deployment. Everyone was convinced there was going to be, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2xEK
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I hope thats the same in our case

Quoting mlogsdon:

My husband did NTC last year, there was no deployment. Everyone was convinced there was going to be, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Soldiers have been going to NTC for training for decades. It doesn't mean deployment.

AnnaMess
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Exactly!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Soldiers have been going to NTC for training for decades. It doesn't mean deployment.

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:28 AM
When my husband was Active duty there were 4 or 5 times he was gone for a month or little over a month of being in the field. But we also knew before he went to those trainings that there would be a deployment and he would be leaving and that is why they were going.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 10, 2013 at 5:01 AM

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM

My husband has done both. He'll be in the field for weeks but no deployment. There have been sometimes he did get deployed but it was always after the month long NTC training. And we always knew months ahead of time when he was deploying. He just returned home from deployment at the end of June and he has been out in the field for the last 3 weeks.

CortezDeCrock
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM
My husband was in the field for a whole month a few months ago. They were talking deployment earlier this year but it has since been cancelled.
mrspeterrabbit
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Been there done that and yes sounds like he on his way out mama. sorry, and keep yourself busy youll be ok :) but for your sake I hope he doesnt :)

TishHughes
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
NTC and long field exercises don't mean deployment. A lot of combat arms units do 45 days field exercises.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)