Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I have a question...

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM
  • 14 Replies

My husband is considering volunteering for recruiter duty. He is a SGT. Meets all the requirements, except recently found out you can not have more than 2 dependents including the spouse. So one child, one spouse. We have my son that lives with us and he has three children that do not live with us. He sent an email asking for an explaination as to why the number of dependents matters and if it matters that they do not live with us. But it could be tuesday before we find out. I figured maybe someone on here may know why thats a requirement and if it matters that they dont live with us. I'm just curious he really seems passionate about recruiting and I am hoping there is an option. However, I did read there is a waiver in some cases. 

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by Beth on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I have becer heard of that for recruiting duty. GL
sahmw2010
by Beth on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I have NEVER heard if that. I seem to be having issues in this phone today

Quoting sahmw2010:

I have becer heard of that for recruiting duty. GL
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM

No idea to be honest.  Good luck!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Hmm....I've never heard this either and my husband was a recruiter for 4 years. He left recruiting duty in '06 so I suppose things could have changed? The station commander had 3 kids and a wife and I remember recruiters having 2 to 3 kids. I don't know. But here's a bump.

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:12 PM
No idea either.. good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:17 PM

A guy here was going RD with 3 kids and a spouse, but it was close. She found out she was pregnant (with #4) and they canceled the orders 2 hours later. She was only 5 weeks along.

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:22 PM
My recruiter had triplets with the ex, 2 with the current wife and one on the way. So no clue.
Katkinson
by Kristin on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Never heard of that either. .. . but you're right. . . there's a waiver for everything. . .

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I don't think the dependents thing is true... At least not for Marines. My hubby is waiting to leave for recruiting school in March, and his paperwork clearly states he has 3 dependents.
Tigger0421
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM
What branch is he. I have never heard that. My neighbor is recruiter for CG and he has 5 kids and hubbys (navy) recruiter had 3 kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)