Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Harry Reid calls death benefit bill "moot"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
The American people are pissed that A) Death Benefits were yanked and B) Obama was OK with letting a private company ensure Americas promise to these men and women be upheld.

The house voted and passed a bill to continue those payments, Reid didn't bring it up to a vote in the senate because Obama had taken care of it.

Today a Democrat in the senate begged Reid to allow the vote, Reid caved but called it moot.

Obama has now signed it.

Ridiculous that Reid thinks it is OK to allow someone else to cover your end of a promise.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Reid is an ass...

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:03 PM
That's probably what his mom used yo call him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Sad thing is, it isn't that much different from some Americans allowing the government to pay for them to have children. A lot of people don't mind the government to cover their end of the deal of providing for their own children.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
What does that have to do with military death benefits?

Quoting Anonymous:

Sad thing is, it isn't that much different from some Americans allowing the government to pay for them to have children. A lot of people don't mind the government to cover their end of the deal of providing for their own children.

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Agreed

Quoting jas_momof2:

Reid is an ass...

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Quoting jas_momof2:

Reid is an ass...

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:17 AM

They're all asses.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:26 AM

....And this is relevant to death benefits that a soldier worked and died for how?

Quoting Anonymous:

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I want to know, too. I tried asking last night but all I got was crickets chirping.  

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

....And this is relevant to death benefits that a soldier worked and died for how?

Quoting Anonymous:

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Maybe they're moot too? 

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I want to know, too. I tried asking last night but all I got was crickets chirping.  

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN