Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TRICARE VENT (edit)

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:01 AM
  • 38 Replies

So this is the 2nd time they fucked up my son's appointment. First time was staff error, sending me to the wrong place, causing me to mis my appointment, and I would have made it ontime if they called the place and told them I was on my way. That was Last mont for his 4 month appointment, which they rescheduled to this month (yesterday)

Now, When I rescheduled they told me October 10th @ 10:40 am

I wrote it down, and put it in my phone IMMEDIATELY so I wouldnt be late. I put "10am" just to be sure. I dont mind being early.

The day before my dh got a call reminding him of the appointment,

WHen I got there at 10:10am they couldnt find my appointment at first then they told me my appointment was 8:40am. WTF. wait, I KNOW for SURE they said 10

They also said they reported it to his Chain of command. I'm so flippin irritated. They also said since we already have a staff error from last time we couldnt claim it again. Basically since they fucked up once they cant fuck up again?

They said the next available one was next month. Hell be 6 months.

I had to walk away. I was sooooo MAD

Has this happened to anyone before?

EDIT:

At 5 months, he was 22 pounds. (I think he weighs more though) The doctor was an IDIOT. Told me to stop feeding him zo often. (he's breatfed on demand) Said to feed him every 4-5 hours because "he's as big an a one year old" and too heavy for his age. (over the 99%)

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Okie-chick
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:13 AM
We've never had that problem. Sorry
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:29 AM
6 moms liked this

how is this a tricare issue????, sounds like a clinic issue to me. and has nothing to do with tricare.

Susan0805
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:31 AM
The clinic didn't have another appt for 2 months? I would call back today, that doesn't sound right.
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

This isn't a Tricare Issue, this is an MTF issue. You need to ICE that clinic. And if they don't have opening for that long they need to start allowing people to go to doctors out in town.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:55 AM

Yep.  This is not a Tricare issue...you need to complain to the MTF.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:01 AM
I'm glad we have standard and go off post. I've heard of things like that happening!
Soniam301
by Sonia on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:12 AM
yup! I've had Standard over 10 years. Best investment ever.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm glad we have standard and go off post. I've heard of things like that happening!
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:36 AM

standard here too- 2 years last month, best thing I ever did!

sahmw2010
by Beth on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Thats the clinic issue, not tricare. We had that issue once,
da808gypsy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Well that automated message is from tricare right? 

Quoting gunsgirl:

how is this a tricare issue????, sounds like a clinic issue to me. and has nothing to do with tricare.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)