Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I'm in the coast guard AND the army. At the same time!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:01 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
I got my good conduct medal back in August but didn't notice that I had it until last week. Turns out, I've been in the coast guard for the last 3 years because that's the medal I got. The Coast Guard Good Conduct Medal.

Lol. We have a dress uniform inspection in about 5 days....I should I buy the CGGCM and wear it since it's on y ERB/PPW.
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Too funny!  Can you return it and get the right one?  Stupid question I know:)

TishHughes
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
No, not a stupid question. I would have to go to the admin clerk and show them the mistake that one of their counterparts made and just have them change it from CG to Army. It's an easy, quick fix.
mlogsdon
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Haha! Thats funny. I didnt know they could do that! 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:26 PM

lol!  That would be tempting...

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Lol!
My old S1 we're always screwing things up like that. I'm pretty sure they did it on purpose for entertainment.
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Lol if you ever go into the system its easy to understand why the mix up. The codes don't even match up to what makes logical sense. I always send emails to people to check their virtual ribbon rack to double check.
TishHughes
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Quoting mlogsdon:

Haha! Thats funny. I didnt know they could do that! 

I really shouldn't put it past them. We have a guy who has been a truckdriver for 3 years but if you look at his ERB, you wouldn't think he made it out of AIT because it's not on there.

TishHughes
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Quoting jas_momof2:

lol!  That would be tempting...

I really want to to do it!

TishHughes
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Lol if you ever go into the system its easy to understand why the mix up. The codes don't even match up to what makes logical sense. I always send emails to people to check their virtual ribbon rack to double check.

I am so ignorant to what other branches have/do so I never knew everybody had a good conduct medal. When I saw it, I got excited like "oooh! 10 points for something that I don't even know what!" but when I started looking it up, all I did was giggle. Like really guys, whoever these guys are, you gave me an award for a branch that I'm not even apart of?

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 3:39 PM

What?  That's crazy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)