Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

i am going alk conspiracy nutty

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
17 states had foodstamps issues. They couldn't be used. People freaked the fuck out. People were being vicious on cafemom, fb, people were going nuts in stores arguing with the cashiers and managers.

Now part of me wonders if this was a governmental test. I know..I know. But maybe it was the government seeing what may happen if they do default and decide not to pay anything.

Hmmm. It was (and may still be) a huge mess! People need their "stamps". lol
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by Beth on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Yea... Glad i dont use those.. Too much hassle. Lol
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I really can't speculate on what caused the down time. Other than that, I've tried to type up what I want to say 3 times and I just can't make it come out right, so I suppose that's all I'm going to say.
AngienChrist
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:10 PM
We as Americans would come together to feed our fellow Americans. I believe that the WIC being cut off is what is really going to hurt mothers and then DHS is going to use it against parents as a reason to take their child into state custody. State gets money for each child they have in custody. Obama care also tied a grant to Obama care encouraging DHS to start home based programs with high risk families. A high risk family is a mother under 21, parent that smoke, drinks, or has had an addiction in the past, home schooled children are at high risk according to this grant, and even military families who are currently active or have been deployed multiple times. If you are not turned into DHS then how are they going to come to our house and check on us only bc we fall into these categories. Sounds funny to me
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Not touching this one...

cocoroo
by Coco on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Damn it....how am I going to buy my cigarettes and PBR if I don't get my food stamps?

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:41 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree that Americans should help each other rather than taxpayer money. I don't believe all these federally funded programs actually help people in that they come to rely on the government for survival.

Quoting AngienChrist:

We as Americans would come together to feed our fellow Americans. I believe that the WIC being cut off is what is really going to hurt mothers and then DHS is going to use it against parents as a reason to take their child into state custody. State gets money for each child they have in custody. Obama care also tied a grant to Obama care encouraging DHS to start home based programs with high risk families. A high risk family is a mother under 21, parent that smoke, drinks, or has had an addiction in the past, home schooled children are at high risk according to this grant, and even military families who are currently active or have been deployed multiple times. If you are not turned into DHS then how are they going to come to our house and check on us only bc we fall into these categories. Sounds funny to me
SusanD
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Well I'm going to just turn around and exit this thread....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I was in the commissary today and an announcement was on a loop stating ebt wasn't being accepted as payment at the moment due to a regional glitch of some sort. It is a little strange the timing of this "glitch". I just read that it was due to an upgrade and not the shutdown. Hmm.

AngienChrist
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:19 AM
????? Not sure anyone followed you on that
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 13, 2013 at 5:10 AM

Not going to comment on this one.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)