Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sick of the rain...

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 9 Replies

It has rained all week long, and we haven't seen the sun since last Monday!  I'm ready for some sunshine!

I'm done griping....what are you doing today?  

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM
The rain hasn't been bothering me too much since my soul is crying from a tough loss this week (baseball related). On the upside the rain has been able to tell us that our new home is draining properly, and my husband has been taking me furniture and decor shopping. He's found some pretty great baseball decor in attempts of lifting my spirits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I live in Washington, so a week of rain is minor.  I'm sick of the rain.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:36 PM

My husband has said to me, more than once this week, that it's a good thing we don't live in WA as I would be complaining all the time!  I bet your are beyond sick of it...I just need the sunshine...plus I like to run outside and that's hard to do in the rain.

Quoting cocoroo:

I live in Washington, so a week of rain is minor.  I'm sick of the rain.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM

We're Red Sox fans...they lost last night.  You have a great husband for sure!  Glad your house is draining properly...my roof is leaking:(  We had roofers come on Friday to check it out and they have major repair work to do this coming week.  Gotta do what you gotta do.  Oh well.

Quoting adrianna1043:

The rain hasn't been bothering me too much since my soul is crying from a tough loss this week (baseball related). On the upside the rain has been able to tell us that our new home is draining properly, and my husband has been taking me furniture and decor shopping. He's found some pretty great baseball decor in attempts of lifting my spirits.

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Oh,I know. Boston is my number three team behind Oakland, and San Francisco. I hate Detroit, and hope they get diarrhea. Lame about your roof, hopefully it didn't create mold. It has been raining too much imo. Its been a lot like wa this week.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

We're Red Sox fans...they lost last night.  You have a great husband for sure!  Glad your house is draining properly...my roof is leaking:(  We had roofers come on Friday to check it out and they have major repair work to do this coming week.  Gotta do what you gotta do.  Oh well.

Quoting adrianna1043:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:21 PM

LOL about Detroit!  No mold, thank goodness.  We had a contractor come out Friday morning before the roofers came.  He went up in my attic to take a good look at the leaks...no mold, but he's going to replace a good bit of my ceiling where there's water/moisture there from the rain this past week.  I'm not taking any chances with it.  Sometimes owning a home just sucks...

Quoting adrianna1043:

Oh,I know. Boston is my number three team behind Oakland, and San Francisco. I hate Detroit, and hope they get diarrhea. Lame about your roof, hopefully it didn't create mold. It has been raining too much imo. Its been a lot like wa this week.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting adrianna1043:

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I feel ya!  It's been pretty bad here, huh?  It's really good for my new grass and my fall veggie garden though!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM

It's been GREAT for my yard too...saved me money on my sprinkler system...but I'm paying over $2000 for a roof repair and another $500+ for ceiling repair...so not saving money in the long run:)  LOL!

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I feel ya!  It's been pretty bad here, huh?  It's really good for my new grass and my fall veggie garden though!

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I'm so sick of the rain too. I heard someone say that by Tuesday we should have sun again! I'm so hoping. This rain is making it hard to get the motivation to do anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)