Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

"wow" is all I have to say

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 33 Replies
http://www.wtvm.com/story/23679489/walmart-shelves-in-springhill-mansfield-cleared-in-ebt-glitch I really have no words after watching this
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM

holy cow! Just...wow. I agree OP, WOW.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I guess they didn't realize that any overpayment has to be paid back. I predict there will be a whole lot of families who are booted from the system due to fraud. 

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Oh my gosh.  That is just crazy.  Why would Walmart have even allowed that in the first place, they had to have known people would take more than they were allowed / would get paid for.  Not that that excuses them.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Would there even be an overpayment though?  Like for the lady with a $700 bill and only 0.49 on her card, does walmart just get the 0.49 and the rest is just a loss?  Or does the EBT card now say -$699?  I am guessing the former since the police arrested her for theft.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I guess they didn't realize that any overpayment has to be paid back. I predict there will be a whole lot of families who are booted from the system due to fraud. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Oh my goodness!

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I honestly don't know. Don't the EBT cards record the transaction? Someone could look at the logs and see that Recipient A only had a .49 balance but swiped her card for $700. I really don't know the technical part of it, though. What a mess.

Quoting TonyaLea:

Would there even be an overpayment though?  Like for the lady with a $700 bill and only 0.49 on her card, does walmart just get the 0.49 and the rest is just a loss?  Or does the EBT card now say -$699?  I am guessing the former since the police arrested her for theft.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

sahmw2010
by Beth on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:17 PM
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM
3 moms liked this

People are disgusting.  I thought it was nice of Walmart to do that.  Of course, it would have been great if people were HONEST with what they took.  Assholes.

violinjewel
by Julia on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Quoting jas_momof2:

People are disgusting.  I thought it was nice of Walmart to do that.  Of course, it would have been great if people were HONEST with what they took.  Assholes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN