Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Trying to keep it together...

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM
  • 32 Replies

Hubby can't work because of the anxiety from PTSD, so he started using his GI Bill to go to school to help out with money until we can get his VA claim through.....I can't work full time because of my health....so now what? No Benefits, no BAH, no nothing. They are the ones that broke him and now they can't pay up on their end of the contract? This fucking sucks. 

Anyone else really struggling because of the shutdown?  We're about to lose everything, even the opportunity to get my husband his service dog...

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:08 PM

hugs!!!

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Hubby relies on his va benefits for school as well. Though tomorrow he takes his final exam for his class and then is going job searching the rest of the week so hopefully we wont have to depend on those non-existant va benefits now.. Im just trying to keep a positive outlook and just praying something comes through for not only us but for everyone in this kind of situation.

(((Hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM
The military didn't break him.
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:29 PM

*hugs* good luck.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I'll see if I can find out about available resources in mental health, but I know for a fact that people with mental illness can work because my uncle, who has severe schitzophrenia, is in some kind of work program and working full time. 

If you are interested in working from home, I can PM you a couple jobs you can apply for (NOT mlms or anything like that).  

Apollos82
by Cassie on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Thank you. I'd love anything you think might help. I should also clarify, my husband couldn't work in his current job as a CNA due to the anxiety and being triggered. He does well at school in a predictable setting, and he does well when he was working outdoors last fall cleaning up people's yards and such. We just can't find him that sort of work again. It's been frusterating. 

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I'll see if I can find out about available resources in mental health, but I know for a fact that people with mental illness can work because my uncle, who has severe schitzophrenia, is in some kind of work program and working full time. 

If you are interested in working from home, I can PM you a couple jobs you can apply for (NOT mlms or anything like that).  

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:58 PM
4 moms liked this

a completely irrelevant and unnecessary response. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The military didn't break him.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Hopefully Melissa can get you some valuable infomation. I hope he can find something soon.

Quoting Apollos82:

Thank you. I'd love anything you think might help. I should also clarify, my husband couldn't work in his current job as a CNA due to the anxiety and being triggered. He does well at school in a predictable setting, and he does well when he was working outdoors last fall cleaning up people's yards and such. We just can't find him that sort of work again. It's been frusterating. 

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:14 PM

How long have you been waiting on his VA claim?

Apollos82
by Cassie on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:17 PM

10 months. We have a while yet to go, I'm sure. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How long have you been waiting on his VA claim?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)