Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

do you think we are going to fall over the fiscal cliff?

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 25 Replies
With almost 12 hours to go, and no one working in congress until noon, I think we are about to go down face first.
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Fall over the fiscal cliff huh? Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Trying to remain hopeful but....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm still expecting they'll pull a last minute emergency measure out of their asses, honestly.  It's the only way for either party to save face.

"When it came down to the wire, we got it worked out, and that's what counts!"  Big pics of Obama and some Rep shaking hands and smiling, trying to sell it to the American people that all is well...until that emergency measure wears off and we do the charade again.

Honestly, if you look back over the past 5 years, we've dangled quite a few times.  When the threat of a shutdown wasn't enough to scare the people anymore because it was too played out, they just upped the ante to the idea of a default.  Now we're all shaking in our boots again, praying to our political gods to spare us.  They have the public right where they want them, to some degree:  Scared and ready to panic.

But they are also seeing a disaster, as most of the public is getting sick of their game.  We've seen this before.  We have heard all the threats, and we are tired of it.  Many folks have had their eyes opened and many incumbents are really in danger of losing their seats to some bright eyed idealistic third party, as the last election proved.  We're not afraid to go there, last election saw quite a few folks overturned in favor of independent candidates.

adrianaevanmom
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:38 AM
That's actually what they're referring to it ass.

We are at the top..there will be no more borrowing.

It is a fiscal cliff.

Quoting mrsary:

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Oh... on convalescent (maternity) leave so really ignorant to this whole situation. I hope they figure something out today.

Quoting adrianaevanmom:

It is a fiscal cliff.

Quoting mrsary:

adrianaevanmom
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I think some of these guys (and gals) know their political careers are dead. I think for some, it has come down to a if my career is over I'm going down fighting for my way.

The tea party also isn't helping matters becausesome of them are in the oh well group.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm still expecting they'll pull a last minute emergency measure out of their asses, honestly.  It's the only way for either party to save face.

"When it came down to the wire, we got it worked out, and that's what counts!"  Big pics of Obama and some Rep shaking hands and smiling, trying to sell it to the American people that all is well...until that emergency measure wears off and we do the charade again.

Honestly, if you look back over the past 5 years, we've dangled quite a few times.  When the threat of a shutdown wasn't enough to scare the people anymore because it was too played out, they just upped the ante to the idea of a default.  Now we're all shaking in our boots again, praying to our political gods to spare us.  They have the public right where they want them, to some degree:  Scared and ready to panic.

But they are also seeing a disaster, as most of the public is getting sick of their game.  We've seen this before.  We have heard all the threats, and we are tired of it.  Many folks have had their eyes opened and many incumbents are really in danger of losing their seats to some bright eyed idealistic third party, as the last election proved.  We're not afraid to go there, last election saw quite a few folks overturned in favor of independent candidates.

adrianaevanmom
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I didn't mean to type ass. Lol ahh. I accidentally added a extra s to as. Sorry!

Quoting mrsary:

Oh... on convalescent (maternity) leave so really ignorant to this whole situation. I hope they figure something out today.

Quoting adrianaevanmom:

It is a fiscal cliff.

Quoting mrsary:

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't even notice!! Lol.

Quoting adrianaevanmom:

I didn't mean to type ass. Lol ahh. I accidentally added a extra s to as. Sorry!

Quoting mrsary:

Quoting adrianaevanmom:

It is a fiscal cliff.

Quoting mrsary:

sahmw2010
by Beth on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM
To be hobest, i am worried that they won't cone to a decision. And I am worried about what it will entail as a whole. Hopefully they all pull their heads out if their asses soon.
sahmw2010
by Beth on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM
To be hobest, i am worried that they won't cone to a decision. And I am worried about what it will entail as a whole. Hopefully they all pull their heads out if their asses soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN