Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Now That The Gov Has Postponed Our Problems...

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 29 Replies

How do you plan to prepare for the next drama?

My family needs to stop spending so much.

I'm curious what other families are doing.

Kate Kashman

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by Beth on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM

we will be continuing to save some of the checks.. we just may add more to what goes into savings.

TippyD
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:18 PM

buy dry goods on sale now:) set money into savings*savings is our second bill*We give to our church and that is first*  and then we live off the rest of his check.  if you predetermine an amount you WILL put into savings then it helps you budget the rest of your money.. eat out less, find more free activities*our base has a rec area and we can take kids to free movies on saturday and sunday afternoon:)  they have pool tables and newer movies availible to watch for date nights instead of going to a movie that will cost 20$ !

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I honestly don't know. We do our best to live within our means now, but it wasn't always so and we are still paying for it... Which thankfully that should all be paid off in the next couple months... Buuuut we need a new car when we get back to the states so we will likely be in debt again. I'm not sure how we are goin to save anything... Especially with the fact that this crap seems to be happening more and more closely together, and the fact that stuff keeps piling on just when we think we have a plan and will be getting ahead.
cocoroo
by Coco on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:40 PM
We have a good amount in savings, but we are being more careful about spending and we will be payung off debt.
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I don't know. I just lost $2000 a month from my personal wages. I don't know what we are going to do. The job I just started will pay the utilities, put gas in my car, and buy groceries for about 3 days. That is about it. 

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Our motorcycle just paid off, and we're putting that extra cash in savings. We were going to use the extra from DH's promotion to put on the car payment, but I think we will put it in savings for a few months.... just in case.

Katkinson
by Kristin on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM

working on a larger savings!

DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM

After this last PCS we were able to pay off a lot of our bills so we are going to keep putting what we paid in bills in savings and DH is set to deploy soon so any extra money from that will be going into savings as well.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Work on paying off my car faster and put even more money each month into our savings account.

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM
5 moms liked this
I guess I'll put the damn pole back up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)