Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

they packed what?!

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 43 Replies

So, the house was packed and loaded today. everything was fantastically smooth, but as they drove off I got to looking and noticed, yup, they packed a loaf of bread. 
I am not looking forward to opening that box.
Have you ever had anything get packed that shouldn't have been? 

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Eew! On our last move, my 4 year old had been playing outside and came inside to use the restroom.  She left her coat and shoes by the back door, and by the time she came back to it, they had been packed and the movers had no idea into which box they were placed.  Luckily I had spares in our "DO NOT PACK closet."  

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:49 AM

LOL, that will be fun to open.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh! And while unpacking, I found an unopned jar of pickles (that had been in our pantry) in a box labeled "decor."  

Okie-chick
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Aw man lol. They packed something dumb and now I can't remember what it was lol. We were cleaning as they packed so I guess I didn't get to it in time
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:55 AM

trash

cjsix
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I had breakable antique dishes that were my Great Grandmas packed in 2-3 layers of paper up against the side of a box...freaked when I saw that while unpacking...good thing they were ok. Then found things like 3-4 kitchen magnets wrapped in 4 layers,so much that you couldn't figure out what it was till completely unwrapped! My Uncle when he was in ....one time found they packed and loaded the full kitchen waste basket before he could take the trash bag out to the curb....that would be Gross!
mlogsdon
by Mary on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:22 AM
They didn't pack anything crazy for us. But they disagreed on what they would pack. Own guy downstairs packed candles and scentsy stuff. The guy upstairs said they couldn't. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:26 AM

We are at our first duty station & pretty much only had our clothes & very few belongings which could fit in our car when we moved here. lol So nothing odd has been packed... yet.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:55 AM

They packed my car keys, after giving me a huge ring of junk keys. I am willing to bet your bread isn't going to be as bad as my neighbors tuna fish sandwich, which went to Germany from the states. Yep that is atleast 2 months!

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:57 AM

They packed loose papers and electronic cords in like 6 sheets of paper. Paper in paper made me laugh!

Quoting cjsix:

I had breakable antique dishes that were my Great Grandmas packed in 2-3 layers of paper up against the side of a box...freaked when I saw that while unpacking...good thing they were ok. Then found things like 3-4 kitchen magnets wrapped in 4 layers,so much that you couldn't figure out what it was till completely unwrapped! My Uncle when he was in ....one time found they packed and loaded the full kitchen waste basket before he could take the trash bag out to the curb....that would be Gross!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)